Best Host Inn
$107
Courtyard
$119
  • Pool
All reviewswelcome basketwafflescupcakesknott's berry farmfront deskmini suitebunk bedsnice giftfamily suitefree breakfastcrackersbottled waterupon checkshuttle serviceheated poolmicrowave and fridgecoffee maker
Reviewed November 11, 2013

stay here over the weekend we were visiting Disneyland and knotts it was clean and prices were just right. i was very empress by the rooms . the staff was friendly and welcoming. that guy fernando was very informative knows all the local places to eat and has a lot of tips about disneyland next time im going back to visit the them parks over the weekend i will stay here

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HotelsManagementTeam, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thanks for your fantastic review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value the feedback from our guests and are happy to see people enjoying our hotel. We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The pros of this hotel: staff is friendly, helpful, and they leave a little welcome basket in the room. When making the reservation I was asked if I wanted the newly renovated room or a room that was not renovated yet. I chose the renovated room.

So, we had a late check in after a long day and drive. As we entered the property it was a bit dark in the parking lot and the lobby was closed. All transactions took place in the parking lot through a window. We then headed to our room on the third floor in an elevator that was carved up. The room, well newly renovated, had the following issues, which I guess you could over look: TV not very good reception, remote’s battery cover was scotch tapped closed, spider on the heating unit, curtains were scotch taped shut, shower had mold around the sheet rock, grout from the wall of the shower was on the tub, plastic wrappers and trash under bed, toilet rocked as you sat on it, mascara on the mirror, and someone else’s hair on the hair dryer.

Needless to say this was not a favorite hotel. We left after one night even though we had a reservation for two. They need to really look at what they mean by newly remodeled.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HotelsManagementTeam, Director of Operations at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Guest:

It is disappointing to read a review from a guest that is not satisfied with their stay. Fortunately, you did bring to my attention some items that are reconcilable. The Engineering Department has corrected many of the issues that you did point out in your room. We have instituted a corrective maintenance program that is addressing similar areas of concern throughout the hotel. Once again, thank you for bringing to my attention these items, so we can make sure our guests continue to have positive experiences.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We selected this hotel because it was across the street from Knott's Berry Farm. Our room was clean and spacious. We could tell it was newly renovated. We appreciated the kitchenette, refrigerator and microwave.We received a generous welcome basket and a personalized note. There was breakfast in the morning...the staff was friendly and welcoming.
This is a good choice for accommodations near Knotts.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review. We strive to provide the greatest Value in Buena Park.
It is so kind of you to share with travelers the amenities and attractions that your family was able to experience. We hope that the opportunity for you to return comes quickly! We would love to have you back.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am going to tell you that you cannot beat this deal especially if you are planning on Knott's Berry Farm for the weekend. I did a lot of research on hotels in the area and found that this newly renovated property had many great reviews so I booked it for one night so I could spend the day at KBF and return for the HAUNT that evening. I received wonderful reception from Fernando who checked my in expeditiously as well as a terrific fond farewell from Ashley. When I walked into my very clean room, the Housekeeping manager walked by to see if I was satisfied and I told him I was. Even Fernando called my room to see how it was--WOW! I too had a welcome gift basket in my room with goodies. I know over the years this hotel has gone through many owners; however, this current owner is taking great care that they have hired friendly staff and have updated their rooms. Like any hotel you will hear doors slam, people walking up above you but I barely heard any noise from wall-to-wall. Free Wi-Fi and free breakfast was offered. I was even provided a parking pass so I could leave my car and walk over to the park before I even checked in. All I can say that I had a terrific night's stay in a very comfortable bed. The hotel room is basic yet the cumulative amenities are super duper! So...with all this said, do I highly recommend this hotel for its all inclusive experience? ABSOLUTELY! Stay here on your next trip to Knott's or even Disneyland. The rate less than $90 cannot be beat in such a clean and renovated hotel. They are really making efforts to strive to be a great hotel in that area...let's continue to provide them our business at Best Host Inn in Buena Park!

Room Tip: Consider getting a room in the quieter area of the hotel or on the 3rd floor in case you do not want to hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HotelsManagementTeam, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review and the kind words regarding Fernando, Ashley and the rest of the staff. All employees at Best Host Inn strive to make each our guest’s experience the best that it can be. Your kind words are very much appreciated by the staff. You could say we go out of our way to give true Hospitality with not only clean affordable rooms but free parking, a nice hot complimentary breakfast, welcome basket, free wifi, etc. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

As usual, when planning my family trip I used TripAdvisor to scope out a decent hotel near our destination. Usually I have good luck. Not this time. I don't understand how this motel has gotten so many good reviews. Maybe we were put into a bad section of the hotel???

My family arrived late on a Friday night (10pm) and I checked in at the front desk which went smoothly. We located the stairwell to our 2nd floor room and were already getting worried. The stairwell was littered with cigarette butts and the walls were dirty. To my dismay, our room was right at the top of the disgusting stairwell.

The room was large with 2 Queen beds and a wet bar with new cabinets / counter top. The carpet also looked new. There was a gift basket on the table with wine & snacks which was nice. That was where the "nice" ended, unfortunately.

The door to the bathroom wouldn't open because bottom was scraping along the floor. It hadn't been hung properly. We had to pull up on the door in order to get it to close. The door and trim was stained. The shower walls were hideous maroon tiles with cracks and splotches of caulk all over the edges. The tile floor in the bathroom was also cracked and stained. The toilet wouldn't flush and was clogged. We had to call the front desk at 10:30 pm to get someone up to unplug it!

While waiting for the person to come fix the toilet, we started smelling fresh cigarette smoke. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from until we looked at our front door. The door is not sealed. You could see light ALL AROUND THE DOOR. Someone was smoking out on the walkway and the smoke was getting into our room.

The walls were thin. We could hear the traffic from the street and cop car sirens. We heard people yelling on and off all night and coming up the stairwell. I heard a crashing noise outside our window several times and couldn't figure out what it was...until morning when outside our window I see a construction staging area for the hotel (metal sheds, stacked wood).
My husband and son saw a plank of wood with nails sticking out of it right next to the walkway in front of the parking area.

We actually tried to leave the night we checked in but couldn't find a room available nearby. Luckily we were able to book a room at another hotel for the next night. After a sleepless night we checked out in the morning and luckily they agreed to refund us for the 2nd night (which they had charged to my card at check-in).

I really wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone. They still need time to finish cleaning up / renovating ALL rooms and common areas.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
radelowgittins, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

First off please allow me to apologize for your not so favorable stay at our property. It is disheartening to hear that there was not one thing but several that affected your stay and made you leave the next day. All of us here at Best Host are working hard to make sure all of our guests have a good experience. The property is going through renovations, section by section and you did get a room that had not quite been finished.
When the new Owner recently bought the property, not only did he immediately start renovating the guest rooms but also adding extra services for the guests; full hot breakfast, welcome basket, free wifi, shuttle service, etc. We do hope that you will give us an opportunity to reverse your experience and give us another try. We know that it will be a more positive one.