“Great service”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
San Francisco, California
“Great service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice staff, especially the front office and housekeeping. Great welcome basket and note. The room was neat. The elevator could use an update (small and hot). The hallway and parking area could use more lighting.

Room Tip: The suite is great for families. Has a small dining area with refrigerator, microwave and sink.
3 Thank Kyle J
radelowgittins, General Manager at Best Host Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your fantastic review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value the feedback from our guests and are happy to see people enjoying our hotel. We hope to have you back again soon.

Director of Operation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Rooms were really nice and clean.
On my arrival I was surprised with a welcome letter and a gift basket ( loved it). The beds were comfortable and breakfast was very generous. I would definitely stay at this location next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kamisoich
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your recent Stay at the Best Host Inn. I am very happy to hear our staff made such a positive impact on your experience. Our Guest Service is one of the points we pride ourselves on. Thanks again for your great review.

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Right across the street from Knott's Berry & Soak City, 5 mins from Disney.
Room was remodelled, beds very comfortable, staff were working hard.
Fantastic value for the 3 days we were there. My son loved the fresh waffles every morning!
We wish we had not stayed the previous night in Travelodge Burbank, where rooms are very expensive and barely on the side of liveable.
Will stay here again, and recommend as a very good budget accommodations that is very well located.

Room Tip: Request a remodelled room, they are slowly updating the whole place.
1 Thank G R P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review. It is so kind of you to share with travelers the amenities and attractions that your family was able to experience. We hope that the opportunity for you to return comes quickly! We would love to have you back.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed a 3 night stay at this hotel. I had looked at several other hotels in the area to compare pricing and location. Saving money isn't always my biggest priority when choosing a hotel. Cleanliness and safety are also important factors. After reviewing the photos of their newly remoldeled rooms, and realizing that this hotel was within walking distance to both Knott's Berry Farm and Soak City, I confirmed our reservation. Much to my surprise, when we arrived to our room we had a personalized letter and a gift basket containing bottled waters, candy, snacks and a decent bottle of Merlot. It really was a nice touch! With the free wine, snacks and complimentary breakfast each morning, I felt this hotel practically paid for itself. Definitely not what I expected to get from a 2 star hotel. Travel Tip: Save your money, Skip Disneyland, and as long as you purchase your tickets online at least 3 days in advance you can save a lot of money. Thanks to the friendly staff, we had a memorable family vacation. Thanks again! Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: You aren't supposed to remove food from the breakfast room for obvious reasons, so be sure your...
1 Thank Kelly D
HotelsManagementTeam, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our team is committed to making our guest stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the staff. We hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last night. We flew into LA, spent the day at Universal and then started looking for a place to stay one night before we head to Disney. All the hotels in the LA area were booked. We tried this one and they had some rooms. The rooms was very clean, smelled good. The beds were pretty comfy (for hotel beds). They have lots of extra stuff, like a nice sized mini fridge, sink, silverware, microwave, etc. the bathroom could use some updating. But it was still clean. Staff seemed very nice. I would def stay here again. Oh and the price was fantastic. My daughter even said how is this place so cheap and so nice.

Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Rayna B
radelowgittins, Director of Operation at Best Host Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we were so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in offering a great value with exceptional customer service.
We look forward to you staying with us on your next trip.

DJF_10
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just checked out this morning. I liked the previous property, but this one is different. You see staff working hard. I will stay here again!!!

Things I wish I knew - there was a military discount, or AAA rates. This is not posted in the lobby. I could have saved a little.

I asked about weekly rates as this property has been my choices of places to stay for 3-4 years. I hate the fact you will have to lose me to Motel 6 who has great weekly rates, and is also a corporate hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
radelowgittins, Director of Operations at Best Host Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Best Host Inn, Buena Park. We are pleased to hear that you have noticed the improvement in the hotel and the staff.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future

We strive to insure our guests are satisfied with the accommodations and service. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Buena Park.

Director of Operations
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Would like to see Best Host Inn in Buena Park get discounts for the quest who stay there. I usually stay at the Motel 6 chain of motels they no longer honor the AARP card for discounts. Would like to see Best Host Inn give discounts to quests who are over 55 years of age or older or honor the AARP Card ! One more suggestion would like to make local calls from the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple