“Delicious chicken and boysenberry desserts - go early to avoid the crowds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 230 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Henderson, Nevada
“Delicious chicken and boysenberry desserts - go early to avoid the crowds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We love this restaurant. The chicken is delicious and the portions are very generous. The biscuits are delicious and of course, the boysenberry pie for dessert. The paper place settings detail the history of the park. Recently, we ate breakfast there for the first time and really enjoyed it. The food is hearty and delicious in a relaxed setting. What's good about this restaurant is the consistency of the food and service. If you visit Knott's Berry Farm, you must plan a meal at this restaurant.

• Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good chicken but not as great as we hoped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

After a long day at Knotts Berry Farm this week, we followed the advice of other Trip Advisor reviewers and took the family to Mrs. Knotts on our way out of the park. We got there at about 7:00 on a Tuesday night and there was a very long line. We waited at least 30 minutes. The menu is limited but I think most are truly going for the chicken. Our meal was $16.90 each and includes several small courses - first soup or rhubarb, second is salad, third is main course and lastly is piece of pie. I paid extra for the all white meat chicken option and was not disappointed. The chicken is by far the best part of the meal. The mashed potatoes were very good as well, but the pie was mediocre - not much better than a freezer or store bought pie. Unfortunately, our service was not that great. The waitress was obviously overwhelmed and kept messing up on order (nothing significant). The worst part was that my daughter ordered the Berry Punch and it was extremely watered down. After hearing the table behind us return their Punch for this very reason, we decided to do the same. The bus boy took it away to the waitress telling her of the problem and she said "we were running out of punch so they just watered it all down and served it that way". Yuck. I'd rather have you run out of punch than serve it that way. Overall, I'm not sure it was worth the wait but the chicken was very tasty.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AZFamilyTravels
USA
“A gastronomic cathedral to happy poultry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Berry items galore, and super fried chicken dinners. Just wash your hands before going on the rollercoasters...

Visited March 2012
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

At Knott's Berry? Don't forego "the Chicken House!" A delicious slice of history. If you have a big group, try everything-fried chicken, broiled chicken, biscuits w/boysenberry butter, chicken noodle soup, rhubarb...and every dessert (there aren't many, so that won't be hard!) Just plan a little time before getting on any rides! :-)

Sacramento, California
“Not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

As a kid growing up my family would always stop at the Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner. Its been about 10 years since I had been to knotts and the chicken dinner was one of the things I was most looking forward too.

I don't know if I had built it up too much in my mind or if I had just over valued the experience as a kid, but I didn't find anything outstanding about the food. The fried Chicken was fine or even good, but not as amazing as I remembered. The biscuits were a little dry and really needed the jelly provided.

I will probably try again next time we visit Knott's, but if the food doesn't improve, TGI Fridays across the street might be a better choice.

• Visited July 2012