“Incredible, Amazing!”

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 235 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Oregon
“Incredible, Amazing!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Food was delicious. We liked how the kids meals were not served with fries. It was a great change in pace and the kids got mashed potatoes which they LOVE. The food was wonderful. The fried chicken meals are large. (Dinner) and lunch ones perfect size. I have a club type sandwhich and am so bummed I didn't snap a picture. It was beautiful. We were told to come here as it is a great breather from the park and we are SO glad we did over the neighboring restaurant. Give em a try, it's worth every penny, bite, you will enjoy!

• Visited May 2011

• Korean first
Aliso Viejo, California
“I don't think I got the same fried chicken everyone else has had...”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I both got the friend chicken. He got the bigger chicken dinner with breast, wing, leg and thigh. It included a salad with ranch dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cabbage w/ham, rhubarb cherry soup.
I had the 2 piece with a breast and a leg. We split his piece of boysenberry pie. We both had the fruit punch.
Atmosphere- Grandma's house decor. Old fashioned country home. It needs a good cleaning. Our table was sticky and smelled like a dirty dish rag. Antibacterial wipes come in handy!
The waiter, Tom, was friendly and helpful.
After all the hype and reading what others say about this chicken.. I was expecting the best chicken I ever tasted, but it wasn't. Not even close. I am baffled. It wasn't juicy and it wasn't hot. It was the middle of lunch service and the food wasn't hot.
The punch was good, but very sweet. I couldn't finish one glass. I think the refills are free on the punch.
Cabbage w/ ham. I like cabbage and this tasted good.The other side option was corn.
Rhubarb Cherry (chilled soup) It was sweet and sour. More sweet than sour. I am glad I tried it.
Mashed potatoes and gravy. *sigh* I LOVE mashed potatoes, but I didn't even like these. They were very disappointing. The chicken gravy was tasty and very rich. I dipped my biscuits in it.
Basket of biscuits and jams - My favorite part of the meal.

Pie - thick crust on top and bottom. It tasted good. I wish we would have had it heated and a la mode. It would have been perfect. The crust was good. The top of the crust is a lot thicker than most pie crusts. It was tender and baked just right.

I know a lot of people love this place, but I guess we didn't have the same experience. I have no desire to go back. I'll drive to Church's fried chicken instead.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank MissMuffinTop22
“chicken is unbeatable”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We only got togo, but the chicken was some of the best I've ever had. The biscuits were very good and, of course, the jam is awsome. I even likes the cabbage, which I've never liked before, and the country gravy is yummy. Did not disappoint

“Simple Excellence”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Extremely simple atmosphere. Perfect. Service was fast and friendly. Chicken dinner was excellent. Great.

San Diego, California
“Always A Great Meal”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We live in San Diego and whenever we find ourselves up in Orange County or Los Angeles, we always try to stop at Mrs. Knott's for dinner. This time, we were coming back from a taping of "America's Got Talent" The best time to go is during the winter months when there are fewer tourists, but I'd go in July if the opportunity availed itself. During the summer, because of it's popularity, the lines can get quite long. If you are there during the summer (or holiday periods), I would recommend eating outside the prime time meal hours if possible (or make a reservation in advance).

Our waitress (Robin) was outstanding. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. We always get the traditional Chicken Dinner ($15.90). That includes soup + salad + biscuits + 4 pieces of chicken (breast, wing, thigh, leg) + mashed potatoes + vegetable + a slice of pie. That's a lot of food. We always bring home (2 each) pieces of chicken, extra biscuits, and the pie in a doggie bag.

The food is always great. We've been coming here for many, many years.

• Visited March 2011