“Great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 218 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Palma Ave.
San Diego, California
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food. Great prices and great service. Had a great waitress who was friendly and helpful and even suggested we share a plate of chow mein since the portion was so large. She was write. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank suzanne123434

Orange County, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,010 helpful votes
“Why didn't I know about this restaurant?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I came upon this restaurant because of a friends birthday party. The food was outstanding, the service was great, and the property was very well kept.

Upon entering, I felt that I may have been a bit under dressed. Not the case, casual attire is just fine.

Give this place a try, I think you will be happy that you did.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
10 Thank 90622
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food at torch is delicious. Great variety and not too spicy. Must have the chicken tikka and saag paneer. Also, the dal halva is out of this world.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank coconino1
La Mirada, California
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My son & DIL took me & hubby for my 60th birthday dinner. We know very little about Indian food, but I know we LOVED what we were served. Absolutely yummy! Their location is the old Ripley's Believe It or Not building, lots of space. The main dining room and bar has a lot of seating, large circular booths and tables. Only a couple of tables were occupied when we arrived, we were seated at a large booth. Great waiter "Dan", helped us choose dishes. The food is served family style so we could all share the different dishes. My favorite was the lamb dish - Shahi Korma. Dan brought us Galub Jamum for my birthday treat (on the house). Here's a list of what all we had - I think the bill was about $112.00
Vegetable Samosas
Chicken Makhani
Mango Lassi
Chai Tea
Kingfisher beer
Galub Jamum (donut balls soaked in rose water & honey)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank 3chihuahuas
Palo Alto, California
“A surprising good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went to this restaurant because iit was conveniently next door to the hotel I was staying in. Not knowing what to expect my sister, niece, girl friend and i decided to give it a try. The restaurant was very up scale looking inside as we were very casually dressed. The menu had a variety of dishes from India, Thailand and China. We each ordered a different item off the menu we were very happily surprised how well good each item was and the amount that was serviced to us. I would rate the service and food here as being very good and would recommend anyone who like Asia food to give the Torch restaurant a try.

Visited August 2012