“authentic street tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: You will find Youtube and Yelp entries for this
Description: You will find Youtube and Yelp entries for this
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This place has great simple authentic street tacos, small but tasty. They also have great aguas frescas, and soups. They even serve breakfast, though I have never had the breakfast. Always friendly too.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

The cook is someone's grandmother and boy can she cook with flavor. My friend doesn't do spicy and she loves the carnitas plate. Large portions with a complete multi item dinner for around $11. The chili rellenos were some of the best I've had. Don't forget to try their bottomless fruit flavored "aguas"; the melon/pineapple I had was terrific. They also have beer. Service seems like family members, and take care of customers well even when busy. There's a fresh salsa bar with roasted peppers and all the trimmings if the food isn't spicy enough for you. The location is showing signs of age and it's not your Taco Bell level of organized, but you didn't come here for the water heater in the hall on the way to the restrooms, did you? Close your eyes and taste old Mexico.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

The restaurant was small but the service was excellent. I ordered the Chile Verde Burrito & it was huge. Filled to bursting with excellent Chile Verde. It was quite spicy which is how I like it. This reminds me of another small out of the way place in El Monte Ca. It seems as though these smaller mexican restaurants run buy Hispanics are by far the best. I don't need 5 star atmosphere; I want great food. Price for my meal was just under $10 & it was enough for a second meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Location is really small and kinda dirty. Staff was excellent! They are super thoughtful in service. Food very average. Our favorite Mexican is in La Mirada, I guess it is hard for a new place to compete with a long time favorite.

1  Thank MominOC
Reviewed May 17, 2016

This place is a hidden gem. This place is differently a dive and the locals love it here, but I ate breakfast here three days in a row. The breakfast is better than Ihop and cheaper as well! Try the strawberry & banana pancakes. Tried the Mexican food once it was good, but the food was warn not steaming the way my family likes it. Breakfast was a steal 5 bucks for eggs, hash browns, 2 pancakes, two bacons and two sausages.