“Front desk” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Orange County
“Front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

I was planning on staying at the Best Inn and Suites but when I called to make the reservation the attendent answered the phone with a confusing, "Hello"...I didn't even know if it was the hotel or not...I then proceeded to ask if it was a hotel and she said yes...I asked her what type of tv programming they offered and she said, "I don't know", and then didn't even make an effort to find out...very unprofessional

Stayed March 2007
4 Thank pedert

Solo
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2006

Our Complaint, follows:

We (me and my wife) are writing this letter to inform the management in writing about the complaint and its gravity that we had verbally communicated with the management. Our complaint involved the treatment that we have been given at this facility during our stay of 38 days out of 41 (forty one) days (3 days to go)---ILLEGAL STAY BASED ON THE CITY LAWS, as I figured out.

Initially when we were looking for a room in a motel, we were showed a bigger and a better room by the management, and the management promised that the facility would give us their best and high quality treatment. However, not only the different & smaller room with a lowest quality was issued to us after we PAID-IN-FULL for our stay but in a day or two, we disclosed to the management that our room not only has a carpet that is extremely dirty but it turns our feet black. Also, we informed them about the bugs and the infestation, such as cockroaches and mosquitoes climbing the walls of our room and the sink, nonworking door locks, damaged lamps, inefficient AC unit and the “perfume” thrown from the garage bins by the AC unit into ours room. Therefore, we asked the management to move the garbage bin sitting in front of our room that stunk and take care of the other stated problems. Ignoring to improve the facility into a livable entity, the management moved a second trash can outside our room for much more concentrated odor. We felt like that our advance payment based of the contract signed along with the BEST services given to us is being abused by the management. Not only this but weeks of pursuing with these complaints including the internet problem, we were not able to get any improvement or positive changes in the services provided to us at a really expensive rate. We have talked to the other customers and check their rooms looked much better than ours but still retain the problem of infestation but paid much less for such services than what we did.

Finally, based on our trust in the management and our money paid to them, the management has not provided the minimum level of good quality service at their facility. Therefore, in the end we decided to get some refund back from them based on the quality of service they provided as well as the money spent by me to fulfill my daily need for the services that should have been provided to me by the facility based on the contract, such as a proper working internet service, clean and tidy unit for stay, working AC, undamaged lamps, working door locks that kept us outside the room for 10-15min every time, refrigerator and clean and sanitized stainless towels.

BUT THE LADY INCHARGE, REFUSED TO IMPROVE THE SERVICE AND PAY ME BACK REFUND FOR SUCH A HORRIBLE SERVICE....I am planning to pursue it much futher thn they expect. They WILL, if don't feel ashamed, regret.

• Stayed August 2006
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank rd2579
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2005

My friends and I came over here during our hoilday. We flew over 10 hours and we got so tired. when we got here we were so surprised that everything are so nice. Rooms that we reserved are so clean and the front desk clerk are very friendly. Most importantly the place are so comvient to connect to the place we wantted to go. We paid very low price and we couldn't imanging that we could get this service.All of us know that if the hotel like this quilty in Japan. We have to pay double or 3 times.We went to Disney Land and Knott's Berry Farm.We also went to the beach. At last the people working there and us became friends. We couldn't wait our another holiday's coming. We had wonderful experances. We want to share with everybody else.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2002

I paid for a week in advance, then realized I could not stay there .Owner was not willing to give me even a partial refund! Phones did not work there for not able to use the Internet. Carpeting in the room was still damp from being cleaned but what ever they used on it made it difficult to breath.So I lost 200 dollars and was told there was no recourse because a sign was posted no refunds!!!!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member