Motel 6 Buena Park Knotts Berry Farm Disneyland
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
San Jose, CA
“Ehhh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is right of of the interstate so ask for a room not facing the freeway. We had to move rooms as the first room stunk. They allow pets here, but they do not clean the rooms properly afterward and the smell is very strong. Also, as people walk their pets early in the morning we were woken up by barking dogs. I am a pet lover and have several of my own, but you need to know what your in for. While we were there a women left the motel because she had fleas in her room. (Luckily, this was not one of our problems.)

The room was OK, but not totally clean. There was a bug in the light switch in the bathroom and the room smelled musty. I personally would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Cheap but clean hotel. Within about a 30 min walk to Knotts Berry Farm, or as we discovered on the way back a short bus ride. Surrounded by concrete jungle, freeways and a few convenient restaurants and take away places.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

we requested a non-smoking room queen beds. in return we got a double twin beds although the room was non smoking it still had hints of smoke which was disgusting. I had to use my travel sized Febreze spray, went though 2 bottles and it still smelled like smoke. There was a lot of dust on the tables, tv and desk and black stains all over the floors. however the bathrooms were surprisingly very very clean. If this was a completely smoke free motel i would be back but since it isn't i won't be back. Luckily i was only staying here for a night. The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming and bathrooms were clean. the bed comfort level was not great.

Room Tip: Although the room is non-smoking there may be hints of cigarette smoke. if you cannot tolerate cigar...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at this property in March of 2011. I was overdue for some kind of vacation and a friend of mine was temporarily living in Buena Park. She generously offered to let me stay a few nights with her and she was staying at this location while looking for a permenant place to live.

The room was clean and in good repair. The pillows were very flat and the comforter was very thin, not what I would normally prefer. There was enough counter space for all my toiletries and hers. There was a Jack In The Box next to the property, this made breakfast easy. There was a Target nearby, which was a lifesaver since I forgot to bring something I needed. I never felt unsafe at any time. My friend picked me up from LAX and did all the driving, but as far as I remember it was probably 20 minutes to Disneyland. It is definitely not fancy, but on a tight budget it was suitable and I got a much needed weekend away. It also helps to live near an airport that offers budget direct flights to LAX, and a friend who qualifies for the southern California resident rates at Disney! Next time I would prefer staying on the resort property or adjacent to it so we can go back to the room to rest during the afternoon. I also recommend to anyone with seasonal allergies to make sure and pack your preferred medications! When I got there, the pollen was just as bad as it was at home in Oregon. And I had a difficult time finding the appropriate medication at Disney. Once I did it was considerably more expensive.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a double room. We found it very clean, friendly staff, nothing special really. There was an odd smell in the room that didn't go away- I put it down to the "pet-friendly" policy. OK for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Check in was a breeze the gal at the front desk was very helpful. We needed 2 rooms 1 smoking 1 non smoking at check in there were no smoking rooms ready so the gal at the front desk told us it would be about an hour and radioed the house keeper and asked her to get one smoking rooms ready for us as we were about 2 hours early. As soon as we walked into our non smoking room there was a strong smell of wet dog mixed with animal urine but after being in the room a little bit the smell diminished.The bathroom was clean and bright but also had a dank smell and the shower had low water pressure compared to my parents room. I was surprised that they charged for Wi-Fi as I thought that was a standard feature in hotels now a days. For January the weather was a beautiful 85 degrees but our AC unit only blew room temperature air. While inspecting the AC unit I found that something had chewed thru the power cord leaving exposed wire less than a foot from my kids bed. As soon as i wiggled the cord it sparked and popped the breaker.Both rooms had a clean and neat appearance but everything was old and worn. At some point one of the long term tenet threw there bedding into the the walkway and it was left there for a couple of hours.The pros of this hotel is it is a convenient location for getting to Knotts Berry Farm and other tourist locations and there are no less than 6 different restaurants within a block and easy freeway access and tons of parking.I believe this is a pet friendly motel as i saw a cat setting in a window and there were signs telling people where to take there pets to use the bathroom. Ive paid a lot more for a lot less and for this reason I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

When I first arrived I thought this was going to be scarey. It was Christmas day and looking for a cheap hotel room to go to Disneyland. I arried at 8 am way before check in times the front desk lady was very nice and let me check in. Room was clean, no bugs, no smoking and no hints of smoke. Bathroom was clean and bathtub was actually big. Bed was really comfy. Its kinda aggervating to get to Disney from it. I kinda reccommend GPS. Overall would for sure stay again. Theres also a jack n the box and pizza place near by.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo