WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a double room. We found it very clean, friendly staff, nothing special really. There was an odd smell in the room that didn't go away- I put it down to the "pet-friendly" policy. OK for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rohnert Park, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Check in was a breeze the gal at the front desk was very helpful. We needed 2 rooms 1 smoking 1 non smoking at check in there were no smoking rooms ready so the gal at the front desk told us it would be about an hour and radioed the house keeper and asked her to get one smoking rooms ready for us as we were about 2 hours early. As soon as we walked into our non smoking room there was a strong smell of wet dog mixed with animal urine but after being in the room a little bit the smell diminished.The bathroom was clean and bright but also had a dank smell and the shower had low water pressure compared to my parents room. I was surprised that they charged for Wi-Fi as I thought that was a standard feature in hotels now a days. For January the weather was a beautiful 85 degrees but our AC unit only blew room temperature air. While inspecting the AC unit I found that something had chewed thru the power cord leaving exposed wire less than a foot from my kids bed. As soon as i wiggled the cord it sparked and popped the breaker.Both rooms had a clean and neat appearance but everything was old and worn. At some point one of the long term tenet threw there bedding into the the walkway and it was left there for a couple of hours.The pros of this hotel is it is a convenient location for getting to Knotts Berry Farm and other tourist locations and there are no less than 6 different restaurants within a block and easy freeway access and tons of parking.I believe this is a pet friendly motel as i saw a cat setting in a window and there were signs telling people where to take there pets to use the bathroom. Ive paid a lot more for a lot less and for this reason I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

When I first arrived I thought this was going to be scarey. It was Christmas day and looking for a cheap hotel room to go to Disneyland. I arried at 8 am way before check in times the front desk lady was very nice and let me check in. Room was clean, no bugs, no smoking and no hints of smoke. Bathroom was clean and bathtub was actually big. Bed was really comfy. Its kinda aggervating to get to Disney from it. I kinda reccommend GPS. Overall would for sure stay again. Theres also a jack n the box and pizza place near by.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great room. Cleaning staff stole my jewelry. Not that I had it out either. It was packed.

PISSED.

Room Tip: Just skip it. They steal.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank AliciaCarol
Tulare, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Reserved non smoking but as soon as we opened the door it reeked of cigarette and urine. The carpet was filthy as were the walls. Everything was outdated and grungy. The walkways were filthy and there were cigarette buttts evrywhere. The long term guest were hanging out all over the premises. People sitting on the stairs smoking and didn't bother to move as we were carrying our luggage upstairs to the 2nd floor. It was extremely loud at nigt with people yelling and stomping up and down the hallways. Last time I checked the time before I went to sleep it was 3:30 am and i was up by 6:00 am getting the family ready so we could check out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mommaof3Tulare_CA
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Yes, you get what you pay for and for $50 a night I suppose it was fine. No roaches on our visit. The "nonsmoking room" had the nonsmoking sign on the door, but an ashtray in the room and smelled very perfumey. But not stale smoky. We got used to the smell. Very cramped, but all we needed was a place to sleep. On another site this came up as very close to Disneyland. Perhaps as the bird flies. It took 30 minutes to drive there. 30 minutes to drive, 10 minutes to check in, etc put us in our room almost an hour after we left the park. We were just too tired for that much extra time. I wish we'd stayed closer. On the upside, there is a security guard and a Starbucks on the way to Disneyland in the morning. And, of course, the towels were very... exfoliating. Expected for a budget place. But I'll try to find a different bargain hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank lillyfire80
Downey,Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

Room was pretty cramped and the carpeting looked really dirty. It looked so dirty, that I made sure my shoes were by the bedside in case I needed to get up in the middle of the night. The shower head was extremely low and there was no way to adjust it. We were locked out of our room two times in a stay that lasted from 10/1/09 - 10/3/09. The night of 10/3/09 I saw a roach on the headboard. That was it, I checked out. There was no way I could sleep like that. Ugh. When we checked out the night shift manager admitted to knowing of the roach infestation, especially on the 1st floor, which is where I was. I'm so disgusted that this place is fully aware of this infestation and continues to take money from customers and rent roach infested rooms. I'd never stay here ever again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple