“Don't go on a week night!”

John's Incredible Pizza Company
Ranked #152 of 235 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have been here several times because I have a young daughter and she likes the games (many of which are broken.) I have been here twice on week nights, both with the same results (If you go on a weekend, expect pure insanity with people everywhere.) After my first experience, I emailed the company letting them know how much I was disappointed, but they never responded and nothing has changed.

We arrived at 7:00 pm, all but 3 types of pizzas were completely gone. The three that were available were horrible looking and nothing worth eating. I was told it would be 20 minutes for more pizzas. After 20 minutes, more arrived, but they were snatched up by hungry guests and you guessed it, another 20 minutes for more.

I went to the salad bar next. It had been raided by customers and was in desperate need of restocking. The person in front of me waited 5 minutes to flag an employee down for more salad dressing. Instead of refilling all of the empty salad dressing, the employee filled the requested one and then disappeared neglecting the remaining empty dressings and depleted food items on the salad bar.

After finally getting some food, I wanted dessert. Only one of the two yogurt machines was operational with only chocolate as an option. There were 5 bowls remaining and there were no spoons to be found. The dessert bar looked run down and under stocked like the previous bars.

As for the rides and games, they do have a good selection, but many are broken or not operating. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that do work and are fun for kids of various ages. I do visit because my daughter and I like playing games and having fun. It is a lot closer than the theme parks and for $35 we can eat and play games and still be home for bedtime.

My major complaint is that if you are going to charge full price during the week, then deliver the full service. If they are going to cut corners by under staffing and not supplying ample amounts of food, then reduce your price so you get what you are paying for. I will return only because my daughter likes it, but I can't wait until she grows out of it. This place needs help!

1  Thank travelnaps
There are newer reviews for John's Incredible Pizza Company

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a good alternative for children when they aren't impressed with the leading pizza and games restaurant anymore. The atmosphere is family oriented and the safety is my favorite. As a parent I don't have to worry if the kids are not at eye sight while I enjoy a piece of pizza. The food is like any other pizza place. Kids love pizza anyway. The games are suitable for older kids too(preteen). The toys are not trashy looking and kids get enough tickets per game to exchange. My kids LOVED the dessert options and as I write this review my kids are asking when are we going there again?

1  Thank Adriana R
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our kids loved this place. Big bufe with great variation. Eat all you can for a nice price. You can chose different rooms to dine in with each own theme.

2  Thank CharleySD
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The pizza was bad they have different pizzas but the pizzas taste don't have enough cheese or topings and the pastas are dry it was sad because my grandson loves pizza he ate a slice and him and my granddaughter went to play they had fun because I bought each one a 19.99 card but after they were hungry so I took them to eat somewhere else they said the pizza wasn't good after spending 7.99 each on the buffet , I felt bad because I could see they were hungry but the food wasn't good this was the one in Buena Park.

1  Thank Armida M
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is an all-you-can-eat buffet style restaurant with different stations for pizza, salad, pastas, and dessert. Plus tons of video and arcade games for the kids. You can choose different theme rooms to sit in - one that plays cartoons if you have little kids, one more suited for teens, a quiet room with no music, and several others. As expected, meat was hard to find, which I suppose keeps costs in line. However, the pizza was much better than I expected, and they offered quite a variety including a peanut-sauce pizza that was quite addictive. We went there for our Boy Scout troop's holiday party. I definitely recommend it as a fun place to take kids.

2  Thank Colleen C