Portola Inn and Suites
$102
$82
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$148
$118
$76
Motel 6
  • Pool
Good Nite Inn Buena Park(Buena Park)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Free Internet
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$135
$119
$179
$139
Best Host Inn(Buena Park)
$97
Travelocity
$129
$115
$109
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Like what most of the other reviews have said, Portola is really your basic inn. The bathroom, the vanity and the overall room was decently clean except for my only pet peeve, the carpet. The carpet is really dingy and dark, I stepped on it with my feet and it felt dirty and left black marks. I read in one of the management's comment that they steam clean it twice a month. I would really hope that they start steam cleaning more often or invest in new carpet because it was really dirty. Other than that, location was good, the mattress was comfortable, the flat screen TV a plus (lacking in channels) and the internet worked fine. I didn't buy breakfast because I read it wasn't worth it (eat at Fresh Bagels and Cafe instead).

Room Tip: + Good price + Good hotel for only sleeping - Not much of a getaway for a couple
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Portola Inn and Suites. We are glad you enjoyed our new televisions and you'll be happy to know that we are in the process of getting a better, high definition channel line-up. If you were not aware, we do provide free continental breakfast. We are happy that the new wirelss access points that were installed a few weeks ago gave you no problems when connecting to our wi-fi. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you next time you are in the Buena Park area.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here while dropping daughter off to college. Didn't use pool. Stayed in January. Very basic motel. Large room, clean. Very appropriate for the price. If you want simple and clean and inexpensive this is your place. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

We are glad to hear you had a pleasurable experience while staying at Portola Inn and Suites. Thank you for your feedback and as you were aware, the prices of our rooms are affordable and cheap. We hope you got to enjoy our free amenities, such as free Wi-Fi, continental breakfast and parking. As you may have been aware, all our rooms have been completely updated with flat screen 37-inch televisions and new bed layout. Again, we are glad you had an enjoyable experience while at Portola. We hope you will be able to stay with us again next time you are in the Buena Park area.

Kindly,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice hotel, reasonably priced with outstanding value. The room was clean, and well organized. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Hotel was easy to enter and exit with resterants and businesses located nearby. Would stay here again shold the need arise.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chaz1955
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Portola Inn and Suites. As you were aware, we have remodeled our rooms with 37-inch flat screen television in every room. We hope you were able to enjoy all the free amenities we offer, such as Wi-Fi, Parking and continental breakfast. And once again, thank you very much for the great review you have on our hotel.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Check in was easy as was finding the hotel. The rooms we had 320a and 320b were clean and always serviced to a high standard. The beds were warm and extra blankets and pillows were provided as necessary. The room also has heating and cooling which worked well.

Cons- The free wifi was terrible!!!! Barely worked and when it did it was super slow. When we asked for help we were told it was working fine.
The towels were like sandpaper and very small.
One night the room keys wouldn't work (for no apparent reason) so we had to return to reception twice.

We didn't eat at the hotel...though breakfast was included. We paid less than $1000 AUD for 5 people in two room for a week. If you are in Anaheim for the theme parks and don't mind a short drive (less than 15mins) I would recommend this hotel.

Sizzler is just across the road, Denny's down the street aswell as a Target.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to reception (I believe the internet works better there)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at Portola Inn and Suites. We are very happy to hear you had an amazing week while staying at our Buena Park property. As you found out, the rates of our rooms are economical, where any family can save money while enjoying their time at any of the nearby theme parks, such as Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland or Universal Studios. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

After reading several good reviews my husband and I made a reservation at the Portola for 11/30-12/2/12. I was not expecing luxury but I felt like we had gotten a good deal. I was sorely wrong. We arrived late at night and checked in around midnight using the night window. As I was checking in I could hear people from rooms nearby screaming at each other. Check-in was fast as I had already paid and we went to our room- a corner room on the second floor. As soon as we walked in we were very dissapointed. The room had a strong musty smelled- we booked a non-smoking room but it stilled had a strong smoke smell. The carpet was disturbingly filthy. It was almost black! The sheets were stained and had several black marks, lke they had been run over. We dids not even shut the door before we turned around and left. I immediately went to check-out and the lady at the front desk offered us another room but my husband was not comfortable with me staying in that motel the next day while he was at work. She kindly gave us a full refund without any issues and was very apologetic. We then went aroundthe corner to the Courtyard Marriott. The extra $150 dollars at the Marriott is worth the peace of mind. I would never recommend the Portola to any of my friends or family but if you must stay there then bring your own sheets and towels and do not forget to pack your flip flops!!!! I should have taken pictures but we high-tailed it out of there pretty fast!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Portola Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while checking in at Portola. Please be aware that what you experienced is not the typical ambiance one would expect to see at our property. At Portola Inn and Suites, we try to give our guest a pleasurable and relaxing experience. That is why we have a 24-hour front desk shall any issue arise any time of the night. Again, please accept our most sincere apologies and we hope you'll give us another chance so that you can see all the improvements we had made since your last visit.

Kindly,