“Good”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
San Marcos, California
“Good”
Reviewed January 18, 2007

We stayed two nights in the hotel with my family. The rooms were a great value and not bad. They are not luxury but they did the job and we walked to Knotts Berry Farm. The restaurant is a little overpriced but overall it was a good stay. The rooms were clean and the service was fine.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank Randy817

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 14, 2007

My wedding reception was at a restaurant 2 blocks from the hotel so I booked 4 rooms for my wedding out-of-town guest last Sep and the fifth room is KING-bed for my groom & I to spend the night before we took off to Vegas. Had call & spoke to the manager about our rooms. All 5 rooms was confirmed. None of the guests like their room. The room was just ok, but all experienced water problems with the shower. One had no hot water. My groom & I checked in late around mid-night and our KING-bed room was not available. All the rooms were booked!!!! The only available room is in the corner with roll-away beds. They were very uncomfortable so we decided to sleep on the floor instead. What a ripped off! We paid for KING-bed and got uncomfortable roll-away beds. This is after I had personally spoke to the manager & informed her the importance of confirming our rooms for my wedding wkend.

• Disliked — Customer service. Not having the room available after confirmation.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay elsewhere if you can.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank CaliVN
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 8, 2007

We did not actually stay here but did a site inspection for work (I am a travel agent).

This hotel is located on Knott’s Berry Farm and is also within walking distance to other attractions such as Soak City and Medieval Times Dinner.

Rooms are of a good moderate size and offer a choice of a standard room or a Snoopy Themed room which is fantastic for Snoopy fans.

This property offers complimentary transfers to Disneyland and is great for families as it offers a children’s pool and also games room.

• Liked — The location to attractions in Buena Park
  • Tips/Secrets — Request a Snoopy Themed room :)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jen1985
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 4, 2007

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the front desk staff at this hotel. They checked us in late and we nearly missed the wedding at the chapel across the street that we'd flown in just to be at. I got the distinct feeling that policy (like, checking in at 4:00 and not a minute before) was far more important than accomodating guests' needs - or even acknowledging waiting guests in the first place! I would not recommend this hotel. It's nothing special to begin with and the staff really leave something to be desired. It was a very disappointing and frustrating experience.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JS1234Seattle
San Diego CA
Reviewed December 20, 2006

This is not a bad place to stay if you are looking for value. We paid only $55.00 (off saeason) including tax and I must say at that price this hotel was quite a bargain. It is within walking distance of the Knott's theme park and offers a free shuttle to Disney. Although they do charge $10.00 to park, it included the length of stay so we did not have to move our car to park at Knott's Berry Farm the next day. Hotel service was incredible. Snoopy shows up in the lobby and in the restaurant Amber Waves. It was a great photo op. The restaurant itself was wonderful. We ate there twice because it wasn't crowded and the food was exceptional offering rather large portions. We stayed in a regular room instead of a snoopy room which would have been an additional $150.00. I figured I could buy quite a few snoopies for that price and decorate myself. At first we were given an adjoining room on the second floor. The rooms do need updating. Spreads are a little gross. Sheets were worn but clean. Blankets were pretty thin. The bathroom did show mold in the caulking and around the tub. I could have lived with all that except the walls are literally paper thin, and the neighbors next door were a bit loud. When I called the desk to see about a room change, they quickly accomodated me and moved us to the third floor within 20 minutes. I must say that this room appeared less used and quite a bit fresher. No trace of mold. It was very quiet even though the pool was still open. Mattresses are firm. (I prefer, but my husband wasn't too happy.) They offer water for $3.00 but it is a large bottle. One litre I think. The hotel gift shop was quite reasonably priced and the clerk was wonderfully charming. The workout room was probably the highlight of my stay. It is quite well appointed and has a sauna and a steam room. The pool area was just okay. The kids will enjoy it. I would stay again but I don't think I would pay more than $125.00 during peak unless they remodel and get better spreads. Just a tip:If you are going to Knott's, they were giving out coupons upon entrance to TGIF and Amber Waves ( The hotel restaurant) It is for up to 2 free kids meals with adult entree purchases. Must be used before 4:00p.m. I recommend Amber Waves again because the food was so good and you can get a picture with Snoopy. Dinner entree's run about $17.00 but well worth it. Salmon was awesome, and the Cajun steak still makes my mouth water. Kid's pizza is enough for big two. I imagine lunch would be less costly and would fill you for the day! It still would be cheaper and better than eating in the park.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Thin walls.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a quiet room away from other occupants.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank iluvmi3kds
Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed December 6, 2006

The Knotts hotel was OK. Room was pretty large. Check in was OK. My only complaint would be that our room was dirty (found rubbish in the cabinets, hair on the bathroom basin, carpet was dirty). Overall, it looks like the hotel is in need of a major makeover. Short walk to Knotts Berry Farm. Breakfast at Amber Waves was horrible. However, all employees we encountered at the hotel and restaurant were friendly and courteous.

• Liked — Location to Knotts Berry Farm
  • Disliked — Room was filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — I wouldn't recommend staying here
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Kiyomi-San
los angeles
Reviewed December 1, 2006

I do not recommend this hotel. One of the employee's let someone into my room, just by knowing my first name and cell number. And i barely knew this person (that was let in), but my camera was missing when i returned from the park.

We made sure the manager knew my situation, she informed me, that i would be awarded a night stay in the future, of course i never heard from her again.

Nice going, i'll be sure to advise anyone that would want to stay at this hotel, to not even think about it.

Unless of course they want some strangers over.

• Liked — theme park
  • Disliked — see my review
  • Tips/Secrets — stay some where else, employee's well let anyone into your room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo