“Greatt Value and Service”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed October 3, 2006

2 Adults stayed for 4 nights.
10-15 Min drive to Disney.
Altogether was a great choice.

Good bits:
Rooms were lovely and clean with good facilities/extras.
Hotel was spotless and well mainatined.
Pool was lovely.
Staff were very friendly and always said hello etc when passing.

Other bits:
Last shuttle could have been later to allow time at Downtown Disney after park closing.
First shuttle was full one day- book in advance with reception.

We would recommend this to anyone looking for a pleasant, clean and comfy place to stay whilst visiting the local attractions.

Cheers KBF!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ROOMVITHAVIEW1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed September 27, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for our two year anniversary. We booked our hotel at kind of late notice and decided to stay here mainly because of the free shuttle to Disneyland.
The font desk was very nice and we never had any problems with them. Check in time is 4:00, but we arrived after a long drive from Sacramento at about 3:00. They were okay with checking us in a little bit early.
The room was nice. We were in one of the corner rooms, which was pretty small. The rooms are decorated pretty nicely, definitally not a cheap hotel feeling.
We were booked for a non smoking room, but after a while our room smelled like cigarettes. Maybe it was the vents or something, but we asked the front desk to move and they did so immediatley.
Our first room had a bathtub, which we liked. Our second room had a shower, with no handles or anywhere to put your soap or anything.
The shuttle service was amazing! They ran on time everyday. (You have to reserve your spot on the shuttle, at specific times) The times were conveinant (15 minutes before Disneyland opned, 20 after they clothes, etc etc). The shuttle drivers were very good drivers.
The hotel is about 10 minutes away from disneyland, and about 20 minutes away from Huntington Beach.. We went to dinner in Huntington the first night, which was really nice to be pretty close to the beach.
The neighborhood seems pretty nice. Lots of food options around the hotel.
The pool was very nice, hottub was big. The steamroom was a very nice feature.
One negative thing was having to pay for parking. Nine dollars for a huge parkinglot, with nothing in it. They said there was patrolled security but I personally never once saw it.
Overall, we were satisfied with our stay at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort Hotel.. Just wish our room was a little bigger!!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crxsicutie
Reviewed September 4, 2006

After reading some of the reviews I was worried about what I would find when we checked into this hotel. We spent 6 nights here and I don't have any complaints about the hotel. I would have liked to have a fridge and a microwave in the room but I knew when I booked the hotel they weren't included. The front desk staff was courteous, our room was always clean, the staff and food at the Amber Waves restaurant were excellent (the waitress even remembered our drink orders a day later), the shuttle to Disneyland was great and it saved us $10 a day in parking and saved us from having to drive on those horrendous L.A. freeways and if you're going to both Knotts and Disneyland the location couldn't be better. My kids loved the pool and would have spent our entire vacation in it if I would have let them. They also loved the fact that Snoopy made a few appearances while we were there! This hotel is not a resort - as has been said in a few reviews - but if you read the name of the hotel correctly you will see it's the hotel at "Knotts Berry Farm Resort". I would definitely stay here again with my family. If you want to be pampered then book a different hotel - if you want comfort and a great location then this is the hotel for you.

Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank pinkkfrogzz
Reviewed August 27, 2006

Wow!! We were so excited to be able to stay at the resort hotel! Something we had never before been able to afford and let me tell you, the kids were SOOO excited!! Nothing was included. If we had stayed across the street, our accomodations would have cost less, included breakfast, and perhaps been more comfortable. There was no towel bar by the vanity sink. Weird eh? So, after using the bathroom, you had to go back in there to hang your towel. What is the purpose of having a vinity seperated from the shower and toilet if you cannot wash up at the sink or dry your hands after brushing your teeth? The walls are paper thin. This is a family hotel and sometimes kids get loud~~they are excited! The noise from inconsiderate neighbours speaking or hurrying up and down the halls woke us each day. After a day at the park, we returned to our room at 5ish to find that it had not yet been cleaned!! I went to the front desk and was told that we were not to expect it to be done until arround six and not to complain until after then. It was eventually done, but our quiet and restfull evening in was shot. Shop arround and do your homework~~just because it is a resort hotel does not mean that it is better than any others, to my most unpleasant suprise.

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank Ange_m
Reviewed August 27, 2006

We (4 adults, 4 kids) stayed at the Knotts Berry Resort this August. I had read so many mixed reviews that I wasn't sure we wanted to stay at this hotel. We found a good deal on the internet for a double room for $89, so we decided to try it.
The best thing about this hotel is the location. You are indeed in walking distance of the amusement park. So if you plan on spending most of your time at the park and not at the hotel, then it's OK because you will not want to spend time in the hotel. We felt the rooms were dirty and the property needed a full makeover. Some reviewers raved about the pool but we did not like it at all! The pool is located in a concrete jungle with hardly any vegetetation. And the towels they offer at the pool are unbelievably tiny.
So my advice would be to ONLY stay here if you get the room at a bargain price. and plan to spend all your waking hours at the park. I certainly would not stay here for over $90. And know that it is not a resort in any sense of the word.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank girlfromdenver
Reviewed August 25, 2006

Our family (4 adults and 7 children) stayed at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel last summer. We had 3 rooms, all very nice with very, very comfortable beds. We stayed 2 nights, and had a great time at Knott's Berry Farm.
In March of this year a family member, who lives in Buena Park, became very ill and I found myself traveling to Buena Park 6 times, so far. Each time I stayed at the Knott's Hotel. Each stay was as expected.....clean room, safe environment, easy parking (although I think it's crazy to charge guests to park) and inexpensive room rates. I like that it's a "hotel" and not a "motel" (corridors inside). They have a great exercise room, with a TV (makes it easier to get on that treadmill!). I enjoy getting up early and walking to Mrs Knott's restaurant for breakfast. The food and service is better than at the hotel. And of course, I always have to have a chicken dinner.....yummy! I'll return to CA in a couple of weeks and I'll be staying at the Knott's Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family
9  Thank juwel50
Reviewed August 22, 2006

This hotel is one of most disgusting and dirtiest hotels I have every stayed at. This would be as a 1 star motor lodge at best. The carpets in the hallway were stained and had visible trash on them throughout our three day stay. The white curtains had holes in them, which of course let in the light. The plastic rods to move curtains were broke off and just laid on the floor. There was trash under the table/desk area from the previous guests that was never cleaned up. The carpets in the room turned my white socks black.
I am at a loss for words when I read the other reviews that gave this place a four or five star rating.
The breakfast buffet at Amber Waves was also sub par. The eggs were cold, the bacon undercooked and the fruit salad was stale. Also one thing that is interesting is that they ask you up front if you are using breakfast vouchers. I then noticed a distinct difference of service, for those that were getting the buffet and those ordering from the menu. For example we had to keep asking for refills of coffee. I mean give me a break, even at Denny’s they just come around every few minutes to refill coffees. Also for some odd reason it took fifteen minutes and three requests for my son to get a glass of water.
This was not worth even half the money we spend on this vacation. I would recommend the Embassy Suites, or Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Kwpatel