“Good & Decent Stay”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We stayed at the hotel resort in the middle of August for 2 nights. We enjoyed our stay and only have positive things to say. The room was big enough for a family of 4 and quite modern. One night, at around 11pm, the toilet got stuck and within 15 mins. maintenace came and fixed it. The breakfast was included in the package - it was great. We also had included in the package tickets to Knotts Berry Farm and to Soak City. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the parks. The pool area is also great - it is quite big and with a bar and life-guard on duty.

1  Thank FLUGEN

Reviewed August 24, 2009

Total lack of customer service. You have to pay a $30 room fee (even if you have a credit card on file) for room incidentals. Charge $20 for a fridge in room - ALL and I mean every single one of the ice machines (on all floors) were not working the weekend we were there. No explanation as to what would cause them to work on all ice machines at one time. I paid my $30 and then was told we couldn't rent a movie in the room --I called & asked for a manager and was told I couldn't speak to a manager and what did I want to talk to them about anyway. I told them I wanted to rent a movie and they said you have to go down to the desk and pay with the cc. I said I paid the $30 for incidentals - what is an incidental if not a movie? They reluctantly gave me the movie after I told them they did not want me to go to the front desk because everyone in the lobby would hear my problem. On Saturday evening I got in my car to run an errand. When I came back there was virtually no parking as there were 3 parties taking place that night. I was told by the parking guard that parking was available at the Knotts parking lot down the street---I looked at him and laughed and he said sorry that was the best he could do. I asked why they don't reserve some spaces for hotel guests only and he said they just don't. I drove to the front lobby area and said I would go ahead and pay the $18 for valet -I was not walking 4 blocks back to my hotel. I complained to the person at the front desk and was told they would go ahead and comp by valet. That was the only bright spot. The carpeting in the room was very dirty and nasty. The room was sub standard in every single way. The air conditioning was on one speed only --they had removed the controls from the unit itself and put a "meter" on the wall with temp settings that never changed. One setting, one level of air coming out - the walls were so thin you could hear what was being said next door.
I hate this place and was so mad that I wasted by time and money on that for a weekend. Never ever again will I go back here.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort just this past weekend. A co-worker suggested we stay at the Knotts Berry Resort. I think for the price you should be able to park at least one vehicle in their hotel area for free, but instead I was charged $12.00 per day and they even overcharged my credit card for a couple of items I didn't even purchase. Their rooms were very uncomfortable as well as their beds and pillows. I have stayed at many other motels and I will never stay at this one again. I won't even recommend it to my worst enemy. I was charged for a buffet breakfast but yet they want to charge me again. Their service was not nice!!

Reviewed August 7, 2009

I had read all the reviews on this hotel and was very hesitant to stay there. I also spoke to people that we knew that have stayed there and reviews were mixed as well. We booked the Premier Package which gave us 4 flex passes for 4 days to both Soak City and Knotts Berry Farm plus breakfast and free parking. When you break it all down, the room comes out to less than $100 a night. You are getting what you pay for. The hotel has not been renovated since it opened other than new carpeting in the hallways. The room was straight from the 70's or early 80's when the hotel was booked. Beds were old and slanted towards the floor. All bedding was original. The rooms were clean BUT VERY OLD AND DATED. Ripped carpeting throughout room. Stains on curtains, etc. If you are looking for a resort, don't stay here. We only slept and showered there. Very convenient to the park. Less than 5 minute walk. Restaurant food was horrible (breakfast buffet included in our package). Staff was friendly. They checked us into a room that was not cleaned yet which irritated us after lugging our belongings. I asked for a free upgrade to an oversized room and was accomodated without problem. Walls are paper thin. You can hear next door conversations clearly. Doors are heavy and old and there is the "slamming factor". Snoopy is always around which was a treat to our girls. If you are looking for value and convenience, stay here. If you are looking for more modern amenities, look elsewhere. We visited Huntington Beach while there and it was a straight 20 minute drive down Beach Blvd to the beach. Very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank beth7970
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The room was good for the price we paid (booked it through hotels.com or else it would have been very expensive). All the employees were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived we asked at the desk what we needed to do to get on the shuttle for Disneyland in morning.We were told just to show up by the front door in the morning. Morning comes around and we find out that we had to make a reservation and it had since filled up. I spoke with the manager and informed her that I was not given the proper information the night before or I would have made the reservation then. She apologized and let us know that when the shuttle returned they would take us then. (They only have timed reserved shuttles not constant shuttles coming and going) We appreciated the gestured but decided to go ahead and drive. The Restaurant on site was very convenient but the food was blah and VERY over priced (except their deser. The kids ordered one a piece and they were so big, each was enough to feed 6 people and the price on that was very reasonable). But the employees were GREAT! Knott's Berry Farm is very conveniently placed near several attractions. The theme park is walking distance with shopping strip in between. And Medevil Times Dinner Theater 5 minutes from there. A Walgreens is right down the road as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wuv2travel
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My family of 6 stayed here for two nights for a mini vacation, its right next to KNOTTS, and just a few minutes away from Disneyland where we spent most of our time. Staff was helpful freindly. Room was Clean, Nice, onsite resturant. The only thing was that there was a Parking fee per night I think it was about 10 bucks per day. But other than that it was great!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rrvrns
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed here for football game in Long Beach, and I thought it was terrible. Dirty rooms and nasty food.

• Stayed: January 2009