“Horrible”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort just this past weekend. A co-worker suggested we stay at the Knotts Berry Resort. I think for the price you should be able to park at least one vehicle in their hotel area for free, but instead I was charged $12.00 per day and they even overcharged my credit card for a couple of items I didn't even purchase. Their rooms were very uncomfortable as well as their beds and pillows. I have stayed at many other motels and I will never stay at this one again. I won't even recommend it to my worst enemy. I was charged for a buffet breakfast but yet they want to charge me again. Their service was not nice!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Knott's Berry Farm Hotel

Reviewed August 7, 2009

I had read all the reviews on this hotel and was very hesitant to stay there. I also spoke to people that we knew that have stayed there and reviews were mixed as well. We booked the Premier Package which gave us 4 flex passes for 4 days to both Soak City and Knotts Berry Farm plus breakfast and free parking. When you break it all down, the room comes out to less than $100 a night. You are getting what you pay for. The hotel has not been renovated since it opened other than new carpeting in the hallways. The room was straight from the 70's or early 80's when the hotel was booked. Beds were old and slanted towards the floor. All bedding was original. The rooms were clean BUT VERY OLD AND DATED. Ripped carpeting throughout room. Stains on curtains, etc. If you are looking for a resort, don't stay here. We only slept and showered there. Very convenient to the park. Less than 5 minute walk. Restaurant food was horrible (breakfast buffet included in our package). Staff was friendly. They checked us into a room that was not cleaned yet which irritated us after lugging our belongings. I asked for a free upgrade to an oversized room and was accomodated without problem. Walls are paper thin. You can hear next door conversations clearly. Doors are heavy and old and there is the "slamming factor". Snoopy is always around which was a treat to our girls. If you are looking for value and convenience, stay here. If you are looking for more modern amenities, look elsewhere. We visited Huntington Beach while there and it was a straight 20 minute drive down Beach Blvd to the beach. Very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank beth7970
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The room was good for the price we paid (booked it through hotels.com or else it would have been very expensive). All the employees were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived we asked at the desk what we needed to do to get on the shuttle for Disneyland in morning.We were told just to show up by the front door in the morning. Morning comes around and we find out that we had to make a reservation and it had since filled up. I spoke with the manager and informed her that I was not given the proper information the night before or I would have made the reservation then. She apologized and let us know that when the shuttle returned they would take us then. (They only have timed reserved shuttles not constant shuttles coming and going) We appreciated the gestured but decided to go ahead and drive. The Restaurant on site was very convenient but the food was blah and VERY over priced (except their deser. The kids ordered one a piece and they were so big, each was enough to feed 6 people and the price on that was very reasonable). But the employees were GREAT! Knott's Berry Farm is very conveniently placed near several attractions. The theme park is walking distance with shopping strip in between. And Medevil Times Dinner Theater 5 minutes from there. A Walgreens is right down the road as well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wuv2travel
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My family of 6 stayed here for two nights for a mini vacation, its right next to KNOTTS, and just a few minutes away from Disneyland where we spent most of our time. Staff was helpful freindly. Room was Clean, Nice, onsite resturant. The only thing was that there was a Parking fee per night I think it was about 10 bucks per day. But other than that it was great!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rrvrns
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed here for football game in Long Beach, and I thought it was terrible. Dirty rooms and nasty food.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This was about our fifth time visiting the Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel and it actually wasn't that great. As usual the rooms were comfortable and clean, and the staff was very friendly. However, one afternoon when we came up to our room after visiting the amusement park, the 6th floor(which we were staying on) smelled very badly of skunk! I'm not sure if it was just kids playing a prank or what, but it became a pretty big deal and police were called. It was a real hassle.
One night we decided to have dinner at the restaurant within the hotel. The waiter's there were a little bit weird. My family and I were sitting at the table talking, and we looked up and there was this waiter standing there looking at us. It was just really weird. The food there is very expensive. One of us ordered a tuna salad, that turned out to be rotten! And it took over an hour for the waiter's to serve four poeple there food, even though we were basically the only ones in the restaurant.
The pool is a great part of this hotel. It's a huge pool, with a special water playground area for younger kids. There is also a nice snack bar.
I highly recommend the hotel, even though we had the stench issue. It's a beautiful hotel and it would be the perfect place for a party or a wedding. In fact, the day that we left there was and Indian wedding that was taking place! However, I do NOT recommend the restaurant.
Overall, I think that we had a pretty great stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank animal_lover8
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My son, aunt and I recently travelled to LA. Due to an unexpected change in plans we ended up staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort. The front desk staff was outstanding both when I made the reservation and checked in. We had two queen rooms adjoining. The rooms were standard size and clean. The beds were a little hard for my taste but the others in my party were quite comfortable. Neither room had a frig or microwave which was a bit of a hassle but still not a huge problem. All in all this is a good place to stay if your focus is on the park and waterpark. The only real complaint I had was with the restaurant. I went down one morning to have breakfast from the buffet. The waitress acted like it was a pain in her [--] to serve just one person and literally said "your here alone?" My waitress then proceeded to bring me my check less than five minutes into the meal. Within another five minutes she was back looking to see if I'd paid(I hadn't even finished half my meal) and seeing that I had not she huffed well I'm going on break you can pay that guy over there when you get done. Next issue I had was I got up to grab seconds and within three minutes my coffee and silverware were gone. I had to go find another cup and silverware from a nieghboring table to finish my meal. Finally when I went up front to pay my bill they couldn't do it so we had to go find a manager who was also RUDE and I had to wait a good ten minutes for her to get change. For a $15.00 buffett breakfast that kind of service is ridiculous and I would NEVER send anyone there. Go to McDonalds around the corner and spare yourself the NASTY staff here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family