“Good Hotel, Horrible restaurant staff”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My son, aunt and I recently travelled to LA. Due to an unexpected change in plans we ended up staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort. The front desk staff was outstanding both when I made the reservation and checked in. We had two queen rooms adjoining. The rooms were standard size and clean. The beds were a little hard for my taste but the others in my party were quite comfortable. Neither room had a frig or microwave which was a bit of a hassle but still not a huge problem. All in all this is a good place to stay if your focus is on the park and waterpark. The only real complaint I had was with the restaurant. I went down one morning to have breakfast from the buffet. The waitress acted like it was a pain in her [--] to serve just one person and literally said "your here alone?" My waitress then proceeded to bring me my check less than five minutes into the meal. Within another five minutes she was back looking to see if I'd paid(I hadn't even finished half my meal) and seeing that I had not she huffed well I'm going on break you can pay that guy over there when you get done. Next issue I had was I got up to grab seconds and within three minutes my coffee and silverware were gone. I had to go find another cup and silverware from a nieghboring table to finish my meal. Finally when I went up front to pay my bill they couldn't do it so we had to go find a manager who was also RUDE and I had to wait a good ten minutes for her to get change. For a $15.00 buffett breakfast that kind of service is ridiculous and I would NEVER send anyone there. Go to McDonalds around the corner and spare yourself the NASTY staff here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank thirteen_days

Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed in Room 615 on June 20, 2009. Layed down to take a nap with my 1 year old son and awoke to a bed bug crawling across the sheet...disgusting! Trapped the bug to show management who moved us to another room immediately. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We love this hotel with great room service and we call it our home away from home!
(Love as much as the Disneyland hotels!)

THE HOUSTON FAMILY
CALIFORNIA

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank houstongirls
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The exterior of the resort wasn't too impressive so we were hoping it would look better inside. The lobby was large and clean. We were given a room on the bottom floor, room 103. Looking back, we should have asked for another room. It had a weird smell to it, so we had to air it out. It was clean, a little small, had the regular amenities - hair dryer, ironing board, TV, table, chair, coffee maker and tea. It was very noisy at night. We could hear people entering/leaving the hotels at all hours of the night. The bathroom door didn't lock. The A/C unit didn't work very well. The bedding needs to be replaced. We didn't visit the pool/spa so I cannot comment on that. I don't think I'll return to this resort unless they remodel it.

Parking is $12 a day. We were there for a company retreat so that was complimentary for us. Upon checking out, they couldn't print out a receipt because the computer systems are probably outdated.

We ate dinner at the Amber Waves restaurant (downstairs) for their buffet with king crab legs. Great choice for those who love crab legs. The buffet was small but the quality and quantity of crab legs made up for it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I have always had beautiful memories of this hotel including where my husband proposed to me and appreciating a short walk after a long and fun night of numerous years of visits to the great Knotts Halloween Haunt. Of course, no place is perfect and there is always room for improvement, but to be honest I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, where I got married and both were equally wonderful and also had some areas that could be improved upon, like not disclosing parking fees till after you check in. I hope that someone reading this will take everyones reviews with a grain of salt and not be discouraged. Unfortunately, I think that most people are negative and always find the worst in everything. After researching hotel amenites on their websites or on travel websites decide for yourself where you want to stay and try to always have a positive attitude. It might not always be perfect but sometimes you can get better service from hotel staff if you are nice and pleasant, instead of sounding irate and intitled, they are human too.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trip62
Reviewed May 13, 2009

After we got married we stayed here on the 7th floor and it was amazing and gorgeous!
I loved it here. I got
a ammazzing deal. !! i would recommend this hotel to Anyone.

I see some people not agreeing but I would go back. It is right next to the theme park withing like 5 min of walking.

Service was amazing! right on time i requested more towels and i had them within 5 min!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Perhaps I should have known better that to expect so much for what was a relatively inexpensive room. My wife found a magazine inside the sheet covers on our first day. We complained and queried if the sheets had been changed by the maids. We were assured that it would be looked into & was offered a free breakfast by way of an apology. Not sure what happened as a result of the enquiry though!
Had a complaint the 2nd day about a booking error for the room & later for another admin issue. The staff were helpful but these should have been non events that we shouldn't have been bothered with in the first place. Take my advice, get a booking confirmation in advance before travelling.
The room was okay & very convenient for KBF. Onsite shop & convenience items are expensive. Buy some water to take with you (Wallgreens is 5 mins away) as they'll charge you $3 for a small bottle in the room.
I had higher expectations of a hotel that calls itself a Resort Hotel. I'll know in future to dig a little deeper before booking. Regardless probably good VFM despite my various issues!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family