“All in all is good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
LATHROP
“All in all is good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Checked in on Sunday my room is ready! got the second floor bedroom and my view was the courtyard it was beautiful specially at night with all the little lights on. I ordered room service for breakfast 2 order of the Denver omelet and a continental price is very reasonable. I just have to add this that you have to bring your own conditioner they didn't have conditioner and I have a very thick hair which makes it hard to fix. But other than that it's all good!

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

GOOD for--
access to Knotts Berry farm
cheap
no parking charge (if you can find a parking spot)
no internet charge
helpful staff
if your kids are into snoopy
clean

BAD for --
cigarette smell in room (even though they claim the hotel has been smoke free for 3 years!)
flaky internet access
the whole hotel needs updating
food in restaurant is limited and expensive - (go to Dennys down the road instead)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chucko c
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. While I appreciate your kind words regarding the level of overall convenience and staff helpfulness I do apologize for the smell of smoke and poor internet. We have been making great strides to crack down on people who unlawfully smoke in our property and feel that this occurrence is significantly more limited than in the past. We had also added many cost saving options in our restaurant and an option for a faster internet service at a small fee. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again in the future. Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked for the half term in Feb, we read the reviews and were unsure about our booking but decided to book anyway. we arrived quite late in the evening and were checked in efficiently. We were pleased with our adjoining rooms as we had asked for. they seemed clean and spacious if a little old fashioned. The hotel wasn't busy but it seemed everyone was on the 4th floor with us.

We could not fault the cleanliness of the hotel, everyday we saw maids cleaning all areas of the hotel including windows, doors and walls. the pool area was clean and the laundry area was too.

All the staff we had contact with were pleasant and helpful.

We had to pay $4 a day parking which I was surprised about.

The location was excellent with lots of things in walking distance and the park was great.

Overall pleasantly surprised (and a little relieved).

2 Thank Tracey P
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was our second time here. The hotel prices for the stay are good. The parking is included (at least it was in the price we got). The problem is that there is not a microwave around. Not even one the guests can share. I have lactose intolerance, travel with my milk and my own oatmeal. Needed a microwave and there was none to be found. The kitchen has a no outside food policy, which is fine, but, what about guests who have baby bottles to warm up? The room was a little dirty and felt damp. Aside from that, a very basic option if you are going to the park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lotusflower111
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding the lack of microwave availability. While I understand that this can be frustrating it was a decision that was made as part of our ‘Going Green’ effort that the local area is participating in. The ‘dirty, damp’ feeling that you had in the room is completely unacceptable and unlike what our guests are used to experiencing from us. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Leadership team with the goal of a more consistent inspection process so that you or any other future guest does not have a similar experience. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future. Stephen Ruggiero Front Office Manager, 714-243-2006 or Stephen.Ruggiero@Knotts.com
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed 5 nights here and we read the mixed reviews and made a decision to try this Hotel anyways. Check in was fast and we were able to check in early at 2pm with no issues. Parking was plentiful and always found a spot. Room was on 5th floor, nothing fancy, but clean and comfy. Small bathroom with low ceiling, 2 beds that were comfy. Again not the Ritz, but doesn't pretend to be either. For what we paid per night, we were more than happy. You can walk out the back of hotel and be at Knott's Berry Farm Park in 2 minutes. Snoopy was always around at scheduled times in the lobby area of the hotel or Amber Waves restaurant (excellent food). Hotel is across the street from a Gas Station and just 2 min walk from a Walgreens, lots more shops/restaurants/bars/stores are within 2 mile radius.
Now, Friday night (Valentine's Day) the hotel got a little more rowdy/loud/crowded......the clientele was also a bit interesting too. Not sure why anyone would choose a "family" hotel for a party to drink and party......but whatever. That was the only night we felt a little uneasy, but we just avoided the weirdos.
Parking was very reasonable for California and the parking lot was monitored by security.
We drove to Huntington Beach in 20 minutes and visited that area for 1 day, easy drive.
Overall, I would stay here again.......as long as price was on a deal and it wasn't over a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor facing the pool
1 Thank VegasRPH
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

There's absolutely nothing special about this hotel. The hotel has a beautiful lobby, chandelier, sitting area and it is impeccably clean. I was checked in to room 342, the very last room on the floor right next to an exit door. Upon entering my room I was taken aback at the size of the room. I have never, ever, stayed in such a small room, and when I say "small" I mean "small." There was a chair lodged between the window, the bed, and the nightstand, and I kept bumping into it as there is really no room for it in the room. I had asked for a king bed, but was told that all the rooms with king beds were booked, so I was given a tiny room with a queen bed and only one night stand.

The balconies are just for show as there is no balcony to speak of. The so-called balconies are just wider ledges outside of the windows. My room overlooked a basketball court, and part of the hotel parking lot.

The water pressure in the shower was not up to par and it did take me a while to rinse off.

I ordered room service the second evening, and, what can I say? I had never paid so much for a burger, fries, and soda, but I knew what I was getting myself into. Although there are eating places within driving distance, I was too exhausted to drive anywhere. The hotel is conveniently located next to Knott's Berry Farm, and I saw many families with children checking in and out of this hotel. I didn't visit any of the parks, but it is very convenient.

It was a bit chilly in the room so I would turn on the heat only to shut it off because the noise that was coming out of the heater. It was so loud it was almost impossible to sleep. There was no internet service for two days, and when it was finally up, it was choppy at best. Their internet service really sucks (at least in the room I had) and if a guest wants faster internet connection, there is a $2.99 daily fee for faster surfing.

All in all, it was just an average experience staying in this hotel, nothing spectacular, and nothing really stands out.

Room Tip: Corner rooms next to exit doors are extremely small.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nereida
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review about your experience. I would like to begin with an apology for what was clearly not up to our brand standards. While I was pleased that you enjoyed the décor I can agree that the room that you stayed in was definitely a smaller than average space. There are very few of this room type available at our property and they are designed to give a significantly discounted option for those guests who do not plan to be in their room to often. While this design does allow for guests to stay at our property who otherwise would not be able to it also can create a frustration for those guests like yourself who find themselves there only due to a sellout of the larger options. We are very careful to ensure that the balconies that you speak of are not advertised anywhere as being for guest use as they are only there to provide a safety resource for the engineers who conduct maintenance on the AC units in the rooms. With that being said from your comments I assume that this room was in need of such maintenance which I will verify has been conducted since your visit. I am not aware of an issue with the internet although I will also follow up with that provider to ensure that we have a consistent signal throughout the property. I greatly appreciate your detailed feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you stay with us again and experience the positive visit that most of our loyal guests have grown accustom too. Stephen Ruggiero Front Office Manager, 714-243-2006 or Stephen.Ruggiero@Knotts.com
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We originally booked at the Lemon Tree, but after getting scared off by reviews, I re-booked here since we were going to Knotts berry farm all the way from Ohio. We were very impressed! The rooms were exceptionally clean, up-to-date and reminded me of a Sheraton. The lobby is very pretty and large. The pool was very big. We only had to walk 4 minutes and we were in the park, amazing. After a long day, it was nice to walk back and not have to buckle up in the car. One thing I really liked was the landscaping....it was so manicured! We got a heck of deal on the room price, maybe because it was February?? We were on the third floor and overlooked a court yard with huge palm trees out our window....very nice view to wake up to! Snoopy was in the lobby and our 3 kids liked that too. We didn't eat in the restaurant (Amber Waves) but I looked inside and it looked very nice and up to date. I must say I'm a pretty picky person and this hotel exceeded all of my expectations. Next time we come to CA for Disneyland, we'll probably just book here since it's down the road. OH! One more thing......there is a Walgreens right across the street that's fully loaded for snacks, drinks and such and one block away is a McDonalds that has a lot of model trains running behind glass through farm scenes, tunnels, etc. AMAZING for kids who love trains! Wasn't expecting that.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was great, overlooking courtyard
4 Thank nataliemay0