“nice price, nice hotel.”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed September 9, 2013

this hotel is nice for the price and close to the park. kids loved seeing snoopy without tons of kds swarming him as in the park. the kids did not care for the splash pad because they said it was cold (but they are small kids). the pool was very chlorinated but I guess it has to be to kill germs. all in all the trip was fun for a family of ten.

Room Tip: we had regular room we did not spend the extra snoopy rooms. we did see them though. save your money...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Knott's Berry Farm Hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We wanted to take 2 of our grandchildren to Knotts Berry Farm for their birthdays. I booked a night at the Knotts' Hotel with their room and park entrance package and then read the reviews some of which wre not too favorable. Good thing I went with my first instinct and kept the Knotts Hotel reservation - EVERYTHING was great. Check in was a breeze and the room was clean and comfortable . The kids loved the pool and the water park at the hotel. I loved the fact we could walk from our car (which was parked at the hotel for free) to the main gate of the park in less than 10 minutes. We even had a 30 minute early entrance to the park by staying at the hotel. Between convenience, amenities, and price - we could not have done better and would go again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Linda2048
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean and staff is friendly. Excellent value when you include room, tickets, and parking. It is only a short walk to shops, restaurants, and Knotts theme park. Only issue is that there is no fridge in the room. It would be my nice to cool down some waters to take with you to the park. I have stayed here several times and will continue to stay there whenever I visit Knotts. Hotel has on site restaurant and a fun water play area next to the pool for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I prefer a more upgraded room, but the experience was very satisfactory. All the employees were cheerful and helpful. I felt like they liked their jobs. The location to Knotts is great. The pool area was not to my liking - If we had stayed longer that might have been an issue - just concrete and chairs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to learn that you had positive interactions with our team as you are 100% correct in our passion for service! The pool area is something we have considered revisiting with our continuing renovations so thank you for that feedback as well! Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager- 714-243-2006

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm going to start out by saying this was a great package. I went to the Knotts Berry Farm website and checked out their specials and found a pretty good deal for the money. Our package included a room with 2 queen beds for one night, parking and 3 adult tickets to Knotts Berry Farm (to be used the day of arrival or the day of check out). We even received a pass to get into Knotts Berry Farm a half an hour before the park opens. I paid a grand total of $168. All of the staff we had contact with were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The room had a nice view (a prefect look at the blue moon for us). It was not crowded so really no noise inside the building and parking was not a problem(first row and I could see the car from the room). Knotts Berry Farm is steps away so very convenient to get to and not that big of a deal to come back to the room to rest, eat or clean up. Now for the room itself....it looked fine but not really. To start with the door is super heavy to open with a large gap at the bottom to let noise, smoke(which we had a non-smoking room) and light through. The window only opened about 2 inches so no fresh air allowed to flow in the room. The vent in the bathroom did not work and was filthy. We had a long hair on the toilet tank as a welcome gift. The beds were average but need to be updated along with the comforters. The a/c unit worked ok but loud and controller on the wall was falling off. The best part is the roomed smelled not so great. Maybe the carpet not quite sure but it smelled the whole time we were there...an unpleasant mix of sour milk and dirty shoes??? Do to the fact that the room smelled bad we left the window cracked open all night and in the morning it was quite noisy outside with workers doing yard work and sounded like a delivery of some sorts. The check out fast fast and easy. Maybe updating rooms would be a good idea......we might be back, if the price is right!

Room Tip: It feels exactly as it looks on the website...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! While I am pleased to learn that the overall experience was positive I feel terrible that you experienced such a foul odor in your room. This is not something that you should expect from our property. Please contact me direct prior to your next visit and I would be happy to personally inspect your room to ensure it meets all of our cleanliness standards. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visit! Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager- 714-243-2006

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just a three star by American standard. I stayed last year in a three star hotel in Orlando snd the facilities were much better inside the room. There is no fridge no microwave. Even the safe is very old and small. The beds however were comfortable and large. The rooms were cleaned every day. The staff were friendly and keen to help. The gym is for use by over 18 years old. My son of 17 was escorted out of the gym by the security guard because he mentioned his age. My son was not impressed with this behaviour.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is definitely convenient if you are going to Knott's Berry Farm. It is a bit deceiving though because when you enter the hotel, it appears to be updated and nice. The lobby and restaurant are nice and make you feel like you are staying in a 3.5 star hotel. Then you get to your room and discover that it is seriously dated and need some work, which makes you feel like you are at a 2.5 star hotel. Our mattress felt, and looked, like it was 20 years old and the AC unit in our room was one of those old wall units that you see in a lot of older motels. The AC unit was seriously loud, which made it hard to sleep at night.My brother and his family stayed in another room and their door handle came off as they were trying to leave the room. He got lucky and was able to still get the door open.

So, with all of these complaints, why the 3 dot rating? Their staff was excellent during our stay! Everyone that we had to work with from the front desk staff to the servers in the restaurant were very professional and helpful. The performance of the staff was enough to boost my rating but seriously, they need to update the rooms!

Room Tip: Try to book a package that includes parking ($7 per day otherwise) and breakfast. The breakfast is a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel. Reading your review I was thrilled to learn that your positive perception was built primarily around our team. While the negative elements are unfortunate and definitely issues that we hope to correct through renovations, the quality of our team is what separates us from our competition. We have incremental renovations that have been going on and will continue into next year. I hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future so that we can hopefully earn some more stars! Thank you again! Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager- 714-243-2006