“Customer Service Compensates for Small Rooms”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We live close by the Knott's Hotel and wanted to have a final vacation before school starts up again. Our kids are 7, 4, and 18 months and my mom joined us. We got two adjoining rooms on the eighth floor.
The rooms are standard motel size but very clean and revamped, with a nice desk, flat screen TV, and attractive light fixtures. Our rooms were clean and in perfect working condition. The only two bummers in my opinion: no fridges and the beds have those old comforters that probably get washed twice a year. Knott's, it's time to upgrade to duvets that can be washed after each guest stay.
On to all the great things! The hotel is so darn close to the park. We came and went as we pleased, taking breaks when we were tired and never worrying about parking or driving
The hotel pool has a huge lounge area including a special water area for the kids. Our kids preferred it to Soak City across the street! From the pool area (as well as inside the hotel), you can access the clean restrooms, modern gym or, my husband's favorite, the Sauna.
We did not opt for the Snoopy package where Snoopy tucks the kids into bed at night. So we were so pleased to see that Snoopy roams the hotel periodically each day for visits! We saw Snoopy at dinner, breakfast, and even saying goodbye to departing guests in the lobby!
And finally, Knott's employees generally just have this warm, approachable, genuine, helpful demeanor. Everyone was so, so kind to us.

Room Tip: Pick higher floors facing Soak City. You'll have a great view and catch Disneyland's nightl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was the second year for my girls and I to stay at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel. We like the convenience of being on the premises of the theme park and especially love the early access to the rides! Last year we purchased the option of a room with 2 queen beds, breakfast for 2 days and 2 days of park admission. This year, I opted for the 2 night stay with 2 queen beds and 2 days admission to the park. Upon check-in, I was told there was an overbooking problem when I made my online reservation. The staff graciously offerred a king room with a complimentary roll away bed, 2 days of complimentary breakfasts, and they gave each of my girls a Snoopy doll. Although we prefer the 2 queen beds, the king bed was large enough as we were too exhausted from our fun! The room was clean, neat, and everything worked well. We plan to return next year!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our whole experience at Knottsberry Farm Hotel and Resort was great from check in to check out. The service at the main desk was awesome, they were incredibly helpful with every question we had. All staff were very friendly. Our room was very large. We loved the pool area and made great use of it during our stay. It was great that the amusement park was only a few minutes walk away. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staing in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are long time visitors to Knott's. This was our first time staying at the hotel. We stayed in the Camp Snoopy room and my kids were thrilled to get the Snoopy dolls and the visit from Snoopy to tuck them in. The park is not that far away and yet you couldn't even hear the roaring coasters or screaming passengers. And the perk of early entry into the park was definitely a plus! The food in the hotel was very good also!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On the plus side this hotel is very close to the resort allowing you to rest during the day.
Unfortunately we found a lot of negatives and wouldn't stay again.
1. Bathroom was very tired- the plug in one bath didn't work and it was very difficult to turn the water and bath/shower settings on and off
2. Air conditioning was very very noisy and windows didn't open
3. The hotel appears to have a policy on rationing shampoo! Both rooms we were using ran out of shampoo - just very bizarre
4. Rooms dated
5. Long queue to check out

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. While I was happy to learn that the hotel’s location was a positive the rest of your review was definitely upsetting. I have brought the concerns regarding the air conditioning unit and condition of the rest room to the attention of both our Executive Housekeeper and our Chief Engineer. I assure you there is no shortage of shampoo so I am not entirely sure why they were not replaced daily but that has been addressed with our housekeeping team as well. I would feel much better about the situation if you would consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience. If you are interested in discussing this or any future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at 714-243-2006 or by email at Stephen.Ruggiero@Knotts.com. Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staying at the Knotts Hotel was wonderful. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was basic, however, being in walking distance of Knott's and Soak City was priceless. Not to mention Amber Waves, the restaurant inside the hotel. The breakfast was truly delicious. I will always book a room at The Knott's Berry Farm Hotel when planning a trip to the area

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I took our two grandaughters for a little get away. I booked the Camp Snoopy room which included two stuffed Snoopy's and a visit from Snoopy to tuck them in. The girls loved it! The room was adorable and not over done. Nice to be able to park the car and walk to Knott's Berry Farm and back to the room for some rest. The pool was also very nice.

Room Tip: If you have young children get the visit from Snoopy!