“Good and Very Convenient for a visit to the park”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every time we've visited Knott's Berry Farm and have always had a pleasant visit.

The rooms are basic and clean. We typically don't spend a lot of time in it so that is just fine with us. The swimming pool area is excellent and all of the staff we've encountered at the hotel have been friendly and helpful.

You do have to pay for parking which is a strike but the lot is well lit and regularly patrolled by park security which may even it out.

The proximity to the park and Knott's California Marketplace (including the famous Chicken Dinner restaurant) make this the perfect spot for our family when we visit.

Don't forget to head through the tunnel and and under the street to visit the fish pond for a little quiet and the reproduction of Independence Hall for a little education.

Room Tip: If you are there on the weekend, try to avoid a room on the topmost floor. The banquet room is on th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took the kids for a four day weekend in February. We were able to check into our room at 9:30, and the front desk was very friendly. We had help to our room without even asking, and they gave us coupons for a free kids lunch or dinner.

After arriving back from the party we were all tired so decided to have dinner in the room. The hall smelled like smoke, and the property is smoke free. We called the front desk and they immediately switched us to another room and helped us move all of our belongings. I was very appreciative since I was alone with my three kiddos.

We will be staying there again over spring break.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is older, but well kept. it is within walking distance to Knott's Berry Farm. The rooms are good sized, very clean. The room we stayed in had been completely redone, new paint, carpets, furniture, Television, and light fixtures in bath and vanity areas. Excellent pool, and hot tub. Outstanding work out center with cardio machines, weight machine, free weights, dry sauna, and steam room. Staff was excellent very helpful and courteous. Good restaurant on premises, but you should not miss the best fried chicken ever at Knott's BF. It is about a 10 minute drive to Disneyland, and the hotel also provides a shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jgc760
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay here during the natural food expo in Anaheim. It's an older hotel, the rooms aren't maintained. Hard-water scales in the toilet bowl (one would think that's pretty easy to clean, right?), moldy odour in the bathtub, although I didn't see any visible mold. Unfortunately my TV also didn't work when we first checked in (which was around 9pm). I called the reception to ask them to fix it, and they responded by saying they don't have anyone who can help and it will have to wait until he next morning. I didn't have time to wait, so I unplugged all the cables and connections, and re-connected them in the proper sockets. Thankfully it worked. I called the reception desk to inform them that I had to fix the TV myself; they responded by "oh, okay". Not sincere, no apologies, nothing.

Bed creaks every time I change position, there yellow stains on my pillowcase and bed sheet, the iron doesn't even heat up.

In the end we checked out early and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ADJOKO
Stephen R, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Please accept a sincere apology on behalf of the entire team at the Knott’s Hotel. Your experience cannot be further from the ultimate goals of the Knott’s brand. We pride ourselves on clean rooms and above all else excellent service. I feel terrible that we were unable to provide you with that experience. While I understand this experience has left you with a negative perception of our property, I would love the opportunity to provide you with the visit that many of our guests have grown accustom too. Please contact me directly should you be returning to the area as I would love to personally design an upgraded reservation for you and your family. Thank you again, Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager 714-243-2006

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went for the Halloween Haunt, the package deal was an amazing value for the 3 of us. The hotel is nice and clean, the guest services were great, our room was spotless...but the bed was horrible. We had backaches, and tossed and turned all night. If it wasn't for us losing sleep over hard beds I would have rated it a 4. We ate in their restaraunt for dinner the night of the Haunt and dinner was terrible. Don't bother eating there. However the breakfast was alright. We will return for the Haunt...but we will choose another package thru another hotel.

Room Tip: Package deal is such a great value it's almost hard to turn down the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jetsetters916

While I was excited to see that your visit was during our Halloween Haunt, I was very disappointed to learn that you did not sleep or eat well! Our restaurant, Amber Waves, has made several changes in the past year and I am pleased to say that the overall quality of the food and service has improved significantly. We have also renovated many floors and replaced the majority of the beds since your last visit. I hope that you consider giving us another chance in the future! Thank you again, Stephen Ruggiero, Front Office Manager 714-243-2006

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I remember when the hotel was built years ago. I never had the occasion to stay there. It was under different ownership/management back then, but this time, it's all Knott's. The most outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. I can't say enough about the front desk staff, they were that good. Everyone I came in contact with from the front desk to housekeeping and in between made eye contact and greeted me. I haven't gotten that walking through other resorts where their "specialty" is customer service. The room is no frills (no fridge or microwave) and was comfortable. There were the noisy neighbors--you can never get away from that, but the walls seemed sound-proof in a way so it was rather muffled, not in-your-face. There is a beautiful pool and tennis courts! The greatest perk was being able to buy Knott's Berry Farm park tickets at a greatly reduced rate, from even AAA or AARP. I gave it Very Good, but the circle that should be empty is the first one because of the lack of a microwave or fridge in the room...either one might be available is something needs it for medicine, etc., but to not have a common area available with these appliances brings it down a notch. Everything else was great. My recommendation is to find a good price online, buy the tickets to the park, and go, have a great time! (Thank you to Tonez, Ellery, and Brittany)

Room Tip: There are room that are on the ground level with sliding glass doors to a common area. If you don...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MeMeDaVinci
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed Feb. 15-17th. Excellent service, clean,comfy and location location location. My husband forgot his toiletries however, the front desk gave him toothbrush with paste razor and shaving cream. The gift shop had a travel size deodorant for under $2.00. Our son is I'll and had a horrible nose bleed. The housekeeping staff was so kind and gave us extra towels and tissue. They told us if we needed anything at all that would help to let them know. Now that goes above great customer service. If any staff member was around when we were entering or leaving the hotel they would always open the door for us. Thank you for that.
It is a very short walk to the park. We took a 4 hour break from the park and enjoyed the pool and spa took a nap, work up fresh and stayed late in the park. Yes, they have lots of kids staying in the hotel however, knotts is a family friendly park and so is the hotel.
We loved it so much we are staying here again or spring break!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a firework view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family