“Very nice hotel”

Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel is right next to knotts berry farm theme park but this isnt in some remote location & the park itself isnt the only reason to stay at this hotel! The theme park doesnt interfere with the hotel either as in noise or crowds. A little out of the way really for all the attractions of LA ie Beverly Hills, Venice Beach, Rodeo Dive, Hollywood but, nethertheless, it was a great place to stay! Actual stay...April 2009!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarenRobinson
DRP078, General Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your response and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Knott's Berry Farm Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was an overnight stop on a self drive tour. Very easy to find. Spacious parking. Disney Anaheim was within an easy commute from here although there was a 'fun park' next door! Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is soooo worth staying at the Knotts Berry Hotel if you are going to the parks. We not only got the package for the room, tickets (at a decent discount) and breakfast but also got to get into the park a bit earlier than the general public. The rooms were nice (although we had a issue with the closet door), housekeeping staff were helpful and the pool area was nice (kids got a kick out of the spray area). The park was a 2-3 minute walk which is really nice especially when you have a toddler. The Manager in the gift shop was very helpful and even gave us pointers on how or what we should do with our toddler when Snoopy came around (our son had been aprehensive the first Snoopy sighting). Room service was ok- when placing the order they didnt seem too professional but food was ok. The morning brunch- was not very good. Watery eggs -yuck. Dont forget if you are a AAA member whip out that card whenever you are in a gift shop in the park- or buy stuff from the hotel gift shop as items are much cheaper than inside the park.

Room Tip: be adivised- the ice machines run out on certain floors- you may want to ask which floor has the bet...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amber b
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the Haunted Dreams package for this year's Halloween Haunt. The package included a night's stay at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, plus tickets to the Haunt. We arrived at 2:00 pm, and our hotel room was already ready. Check-in was a breeze. Our room, 835, overlooked Ghost Rider, Independence Hall, and Soak City. You could see Disneyland several miles away. Room was very clean, including the windows. We had stayed at the hotel 4 years ago, and we could tell that the hotel has done some upgrading since then. Everything was clean and dusted. The comforters were a bit on the worn side, but since I believe that most hotels never clean their comforters, I promptly removed it from the bed. The mattresses are VERY firm, which is not to everyone's liking. Luckily for me and my husband, we both like firm mattresses, and slept very well that night. Bathroom has only one sink, but lots of space for your toiletries. I liked the shampoo and soap - citrus infused and very pleasant on the skin. Water pressure was very good. Toilet paper is rough - be warned! Good lighting throughout the room. Ice machine dispensed really good ice chips - if you're an ice chewer like me, this was very good ice to eat. We didn't use the pool, but could hear the kids playing in it - sounded like fun. My only real complaint would be the toilet paper and the plastic shower stall (I'm not a big fan of plastic showers - they always sound like they're about to break). But the hotel itself was very clean and the workers were all very pleasant. The food has greatly improved since the last time we were here, which made the stay all the more enjoyable. The hotel is not overly themed to Snoopy (except on the Snoopy floor), but rather had a basic, middle-of-the-road look to both its lobby and hallways. It's actually a little soothing after a long day in the park. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 8th floor are far enough from the noise of the park and the pool.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were wary, as booked this via virgin, but seperate from our main holiday,as we had hired a car and drove from Las Vegas out to california, and it was the cheaper on their site for that area, We were pleasantly surprised, beautifully clean, coffee maker and contents in the rooms, all facilities within the whole complex, great parking facilities, and the staff were cheerful, and very helpful, for children there is the theme park and water park on site, and Disney is just a couple of miles away, and it is the home of Snoopy, who visits the hotel daily,We took a day tour out to Hollywood and the walk of fame,
Yes the hotel is a little dated , but I think that the price reflects this, please don't be put off by damning reviews, as you dont have to do anything else but sleep here if anything else,
Yes would certainly visit this hotel again, Thank you Knotts Berry Hotel for a great break!!!

Room Tip: As a middle aged couple we requested a quieter room, as there are Snoopy themed rooms that accomodat...
1  Thank shazz55
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed for two nights at this hotel.
Upon check in there was some confusion as to the form of payment which resulted in m being charged twice. Luckily, the accounting department at this hotel was able to help remedy this situation.

This hotel is in need of an update! The rooms are a small step up in that it offers a flat screen TV. However, the bathroom area is tiny and unattractive. For a family of four, I would not want to stay here more than one night.

Most hotels offer a mini refrigerator in each room to keep small items cold. When asked about this, I was advised that they could provide one for a $20 charge. That kind of nickel and diming left a bad taste in my mouth.

The pool area is nice which includes a water/play area for little ones who can not swim. However, while relaxing by the pool, I could not help but notice the dark marks on the outside of the building which were more than likely mold.

Throughout the hotel, I saw multiple advertisements for the happy hour offered from Sunday to Thursday starting at 4PM. It offered discounted drinks and 40% off appetizers. However, when my husband attempted to order these items, he was advised that this offer was only valid in their empty, unappealing bar. If a customer wanted to take the items to the pool or up to their room, they would need to pay regular price. There was no mention of “bar only” in any of the ads. Interestingly enough, the pool area allowed food service from the bar but didn’t allow one to use the happy hour to enjoy by the pool.

A positive thing about this hotel is that it is very close to the attractions. It is a short walk to both Knott’s and Soak City. Also there are various places to eat such as TGIF and Mrs. Knott’s Chicken that are both very close to the hotel.

I can not help but feel that the hotel takes advantage of tourists by nickel and diming them in every way possible. That being said, I would not stay at this location again. I can’t say that it was overly priced but it wasn’t hugely discounted either. On my way home, I noticed both a Radisson and Marriot both in walking distance to the attractions which is where I would stay in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DRP078, Front Office Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

On behalf of the entire team at the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. We are very pleased to inform you that we have been continuing our ongoing renovations throughout our property and feel great about the changes to improve the look of our property. We have also revisited some of our pricing and advertising displays to ensure that we are clear and present the best value possible. Again, we apologize for your negative stay and hope that you give us another chance to experience the superior service and convenience the vast majority of our guests are used to.
-Stephen, Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have no problem with the hotel whatsoever, they've done a good job and keeping it updated. The hallways on the way to your room remind me of a cheap Las Vegas hotel, but once inside your room, they are quite pleasant. I enjoyed our stay and more importantly the short walk to the gates. I thnk in 2012 it is quite stupid to charge customers to use your lobby computers, .39cents/minute and I swear they use dialup. I prepaid and it took me 3-4 minutes to load some of the webpages...............really? That is a minor issue, overall I felt it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family