“Food restrictions irritated me...”
Review of Knott's Berry Farm

Knott's Berry Farm General Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Once a working berry farm, this popular theme park is now home to GhostRider, the world's best wooden roller coaster; Supreme Scream, a ride where participants are hoisted up 30-stories and dropped down in three seconds; the Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved Peanuts gang.
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I've been to Knott's many times over the years and always enjoy myself. It's been about 10 years since my last visit. Many of my favorites remain, yet there were many changes. I'll get my complaints out of the way first...I guess the main thing that irritated me were the food restrictions. Since I was traveling with my young granddaughter, we had lots of little snacks, i.e. raisins, granola, fruit bars, etc. We had just spent two days at Disneyland and had no problems with our snack supply. Knott's was a different story. There are signs everywhere telling you no outside food, only water and sports drinks. I did notice several families taking their coolers back to their cars. They weren't too happy. I asked the young man at the ticket window if I couldn't even take in a granola bar. He said they had really been cracking down with outside food. So my granddaughter and I sat out front and ate several of our snacks before going in. I know this isn't the end of the world, but it just really, really irritated me. After entering and having my backpack searched (sign of the times,) we were on our way. I felt we were being nickled and dimed to death. Seemed like there were charges for everything. Charging $4.00 for a bottle of water and $7.50 for an Icee was ridiculous. Many stands were selling items that seemed out of place...one was selling little girl dancing tutus in the ghost town section of the park. I did not like the back part of the park which has been turned into a carnival. Silly games to play, which of course you have to pay extra for, in hopes of winning a stuffed animal. I just personally did not care for this. (We have lots of carnivals in PA...I don't have to pay over fifty dollars to get into them!) On a happier note, I still loved the old west/ghost town section. Everything from the wooden sidewalks to employees in proper dress were still the same. Loved the old train and being confronted with the cowboys. Loved the blacksmith and the artists anxious to sketch. Camp Snoopy (for the little ones) is adorable. My granddaughter had a ball...she really had fun and even got to meet Snoopy. The atmosphere of the park is more "relaxed" than Disneyland, though we enjoyed both parks. There is a no smoking policy although they do provide several smoking areas. We did buy a funnel cake, which was huge. It was very tasty but the two of us could not finish it. I'm not a coaster rider, so the extreme rides did not appeal to me, but we did get a kick out of the screaming participants. We also rode the coal mine and the stage coach and (my favorite) the log ride. All-in-all we had a good time and I hope to visit again in a few years.

41  Thank Mimi010310
Write a ReviewReviews (3,726)

Reviewed June 25, 2010

The park has several new rides to keep tweens and families busy for a day. We really enjoyed the Jaguar and the Perilous Plunge on the 92 degree day we visited the park.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We were looking for decent rides (including coasters) for an 8 and 10 year old. Also looking for sufficient entertainment for a 3 and 5 year old. Knott's met the requirements very well. Is it as polished as Disney? Not even close, but it's a clean well kept park. We have two complaints about our time there. We planned multiple days at the park so we paid for season passes. The processing/completion process for the season passes was horrible--took over an hour. Not because the staff wasn't doing a good job. It was because there were not enough of them and the process probably needs to be refined a little. The second complaint is about parking. If you leave and return you have to pay for parking again (even if you still have your receipt for that date)--not good. But, overall, this is a good park with reasonable admission prices. Our kids had a good time.

2  Thank bgch
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I recently visted Knotts Berry Farm only to find it is not guest orientated. The day I went it was full of kids and very few adults, rides where well over an hour wait with some breaking down extending the wait. As I arrived around lunch time I decided to have lunch only to find that the meal I wanted was not available for another 1 and a half hours. I decided to wail around the park and attempt a ride, not sure how long it would take as they don't display wait times. After a long wait the ride I had chosen had broken down so I decided to go back for lunch (2 hours later!). After a 15 minute wait in line the item I wanted was still unvailable for another 5 minutes so I paid. After 15 minutes I was told it would be a ready for a long time, I don't like to complain but by this time I was pissed off, I complained to the manager and even went to guest relations and asked for a refund and all they kept saying was "have a nice day"

For $53 I waited in lines and walk around the park for 3 and a half hours. This park is run by kids for kids, one can't deliver and the other knows no different.

Just so you know I was having a "nice day" until I went there.

6  Thank Andyrobot
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Wow 15 years changes things a lot! Not the same place of my childhood memories. Kids liked it but why wouldnt they? We were there off season so really no lines. They actually have 1 ride you must pay extra for, not included in admission. A lot of the same rides from years ago which was good, and no line at all for those. New extreme type roller coasters, keeping up with the times, a little more of a line for those. Walked the long mile for the rafting ride to be told it was suddenly down for maintenance and we must exit, not wait but must exit, then walking past a while later people were still riding it? Not a fun thing to explain to kids, and the employee was not the least bit kind about it. Mrs. Knotts was not the same either, small portion, bad service, cafeteria quality food.

8  Thank steleadav