“Thought Off Season Would Be Delightful, Knott Dreadful”
Review of Knott's Berry Farm

Knott's Soak City General Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Once a working berry farm, this popular theme park is now home to GhostRider, the world's best wooden roller coaster; Supreme Scream, a ride where participants are hoisted up 30-stories and dropped down in three seconds; the Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved Peanuts gang.
Chula Vista, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Thought Off Season Would Be Delightful, Knott Dreadful”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having only been to Knott's once, twenty-some years ago, and virtually no memory of it...I decided to take my two kids and meet another mother with two kids (all 12 and 15 yrs) there during our school's Fall Break. We are on a different "track" than most CA schools so it is a perfect time to enjoy many vacation havens without the crowds. First, the Parking to Entrance Path is poorly marked and there were no employees around to direct you. It was just past Opening Hour and the Restroom was not as clean as the Rest Stop on Interstate 5. It was difficult to tell where the Ride Entrances are for the roller coasters (they overlap each other) even with the map, because there is no signage...and no employees. Several rides were closed...which we wouldn't have known from the website, or a posted sign at the entrance, or the map, but because our kids specifically asked about them. Two different rides we boarded, and then were asked to get off and come back to later because they broke down. One time we walked around 3/4s of a ride looking for the entrance before we saw an employee and made an inquiry. We received a curt reply. It was difficult to tell what, if any of the restaurants, etc were open. We saw Johnny Rockets and all agreed to try it. Our service/food was standard for any J.R.'s. The one benefit to the day was that the kids could go on rides multiple times with little or no wait. But there weren't many benches to sit and wait for them. Before our trip I had looked up Knott's on line. I knew it wasn't going to be modeled after Disneyland. I did, however, expect some level of Customer Service and Entertainment Value for my money. We stayed FOUR HOURS before our children happily agreed to leave. Now I know why I had no recollection of my trip so long ago.

Visited September 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Knott's Scary Farm”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've been going to Knott's Scary Farm for years; this is the first year we have been disappointed. During the day we go to the park for the rides, at night for the mazes and the monsters. This year, there were very few decorations to view during the day. The new mazes were great, but there were only 11 of them instead of the usual 13. We stood in line for 1:45 min for Mirror, Mirror, to only move about 50 feet. When we finally gave up and got out of line we found out why the line wasn't moving, LINE JUMPERS. We told one young lady about the line jumpers and she said she was doing the best she could, (and I could see she was). Knott's needs to put more personnel at popular attractions to control the crowd.
At night, we tried to take pictures with the monsters, but were told they are no longer allowed to pose for photos. What a disappointment. Showing our friends photos of the haunt and the monsters is how we've gotten many of them to join us for the Scary Farm experience. Come on management....get a clue...your monsters (actors) are the draw, let people take photos. It's Halloween, decorate the way you used to, people LOVE it!

1 Thank TropicalGal55
Kirkland, WA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“California Road Trip 2013”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to Disneyland for four days, and decided to give Knott's a try since I have been to Disneyland many times, but never Knotts. We went on nearly all the rides and had a great time, but it in no way is a comparison to Disneyland unless you are only in it for big coasters. At Disneyland, when you are inside, you feel like a million miles away from the city. Knott's doesn't try to hide that. Also you can see zero attention to detail with fading,peeling paint, and rusty metal on many of the rides. As a couple we had a blast, but if I had kids, knowing what I know now, I would have added a day to my 4 Disneyland passes for 15 dollars each. It doesn't have the magic of Disneyland, but it does have the fun of any Six Flags. If I lived in the area, I would have a yearly pass to Knott's, because it didn't have the horrible crowds that Disneyland gets, and I am a ride junkie.

Whiteriver, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“We had a blast”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My kids are still talking about the rides.My only complaint is that the Halloween decorations in a few rides scared my younger kids. We went last week with a five, six and eight year old boys. My eight year old voted it was better than Disney because of the rollercoasters.

Taguig City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Experiencing Enchanted Kingdom in the US...only better!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

There's a local park here in the Philippines called Enchanted Kingdom. In general, they are just about the same (in appearance & the overall feel of the park). The difference is, Knott's has so much more rides. The roller coasters & thrill rides were really extreme! I didn't ride all of them because I somewhat have a fear of thrill rides/roller coasters, but my husband did and he truly had a blast!