“DANGER: Do NOT Ride the Ghostrider Coaster!!”
Review of Knott's Berry Farm

Knott's Berry Farm General Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Once a working berry farm, this popular theme park is now home to GhostRider, the world's best wooden roller coaster; Supreme Scream, a ride where participants are hoisted up 30-stories and dropped down in three seconds; the Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved Peanuts gang.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This wooden roller coaster is SO very dangerous and should be retired! Despite the warning signs outlining the dangers of those with certain conditions, NO ONE should be riding this coaster. I do not have any of the conditions listed on the placard and suffered headaches, neck and upper back pain for 3 days after riding it.

There should be some type of third-party certifying that rides are safe for consumers. This ride would NOT make it. There are too many twists and turns and although you don't go upside down, the sudden jerks are dangerous and at times I felt as though the car would come off the tracks. When I shared my pain with the cashier in the Market, her response to me was, "I hate that ride and won't ever ride it again." She also mentioned that many people comment on the safety concerns of the ride.

BEWARE OF THE GHOSTRIDER!!

66  Thank KilaueaGirl
Write a ReviewReviews (3,840)
All reviews
"supreme scream"
in 44 reviews

Hi everyone,
I am from Australia.
I went to Disneyland yesterday, I would never recommend to go there.
Too many problems.
Last year I went to Knotts Berry, I loved it.
Awesome rides, no line up for rides, cheap to get in, nice food.
I wish I went to Knotts Berry yesterday.
No complaints from me or the people that came with me last year.
Some of the rides you could choose to stay on for another ride.
Awesome place.
Shan Australia.

6  Thank Shan F
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On our last trip to Disneyland we decided to mix things up a bit and go to Knotts Berry Farm as well. Knotts is more focused on roller coaster type rides vs the singing magical rides of Disney. I think older kids would enjoy the park more than younger kids even though there is a corner of the park just for the little ones. We went in mid October and it was a near ghost town which is awesome as far as not waiting in lines but kind of takes away from the excitement and energy of the park. For the price you can't skip the trip to Knotts Berry Farm.

3  Thank lindsyrox
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I visited Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA, during Military Appreciation Days in November. We got in free because my husband is a military veteran. We visited during the week and there was not a large crowd. We spent one day there and saw many of the shows.
The saloon show is cute. The Indian Show was interesting with special effects. The Wild West Show had some surprises. All shows were entertaining. We enjoyed the Knotts Family Museum. In November they put the steam locomotive away, and get out an interesting vehicle to pull their train cars down the tracks that has the front end of an antique Pierce Arrow. Knotts Berry Farm is similar to Silver Dollar City in Missouri, but not as large, and not as many artisans as Silver Dollar City. It was very interesting becasue it does not have the same genres as Silver Dollar City. We did ride on the mine ride, and it was interesting. It was too cool that day to get wet on some of the other rides that involved waterways. When we left the park at the end of the day, we stopped by the take out restaurant and bought fried chicken to take home for the evening meal. It was very good. Knotts Berry Farm is welll known for their fried chicken. We were surprised that the rolls included with the chicken dinner were little tiny bits of bread rolls, a couple inches in diameter. They tasted good but they were unexpectedly tiny. The mashed potatoes and gravy were very good. Parking was not included in the ticket price, and it was $15 to park the vehicle.
We did not see and do everything that was available at the park as there wasn't time in one day to do everything. Note that we did not have long lines during the week.

1  Thank moonstone0005