“Great Time at halloween haunted nites”
Review of Knott's Berry Farm

Knott's Soak City General Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Buena Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Once a working berry farm, this popular theme park is now home to GhostRider, the world's best wooden roller coaster; Supreme Scream, a ride where participants are hoisted up 30-stories and dropped down in three seconds; the Xcelerator, rated the world's best launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved Peanuts gang.
Phoenix, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Time at halloween haunted nites”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

1st time going to knotts and we had fun at the halloween haunted houses. they were kinda busy.. but we expected to wait alot longer in lines than we did.. but it was early in the season.. went on some roller coasters and the lines weren't very long on except on one .. waited 45 min..
i will go back again during regular season to enjoy it during the day.. and have the famous chicken dinner...

Visited September 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Delafield, Wisconsin
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Disappointing is the best word to describe Knott's Berry Farm”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've traveled to the LA area a number of times and done the usual tourist stuff. One attraction I always wanted to go to was Knott's Berry Farm, and today I finally had the chance to go. It was disappointing to say the least. I'll try to break it down:
Parking - It took me two trips around the exterior of the park to finally find the parking lot, which has a tiny sign on the opposite side of the road from the park. I arrived 30 minutes after the opening, and I felt like Clark Griswold arriving at Wally World in National Lampoon's Vacation - the lot was virtually empty. Getting out was an adventure as well, the exit arrows pointed me straight to an exit gate that was closed and locked. Finally I saw a 3 foot stand-up sign that vaguely pointed toward the exit.
Atmosphere - The place is pretty threadbare, I would not call it dirty but it is nowhere near clean either. As far as the layout of the park, the signage in the park was about as helpful as the signs in the parking lot. I would describe the overall theme as a combination of Ghost Town and prison yard. The waiting line area for roller coasters consisted of fencing that was more of less what you would find in a prison yard. Although the buildings were designed to look quaint (sort of a poor attempt at Disney Main Street look) speakers blared loud rock music. I don't have a problem with the music itself, but it was unfitting of the look they were going for.
Food - I had lunch at the Pink's Hot Dog place and it was a disgrace. That place WAS dirty, and it took me three attempts to find a table that was sturdy enough to hold my food.
Staff - A few made attempts to be friendly but mostly they were sullen and robotic. A lady near me in line asked what the park hours were and the roller coaster attendant said, "I don't know."
Rides - If you are a roller coaster enthusiast, if you can get the discounted admission by buying tickets online then maybe you will find Knott's to be a decent value. There are a few very good coasters (Xcelerator, Boomerang, Ghost Rider, Silver Bullet) and a few other tame ones. Since the place is practically empty you can ride them over and over and maybe get $40 worth of fun. But be warned the coasters are short - Silver Bullet and Boomerang are average length but Xcelerator is literally a minute or less.
My big tip - Buy your tickets online and save $15. At least that way you won't feel as bad about the lackluster experience.

1 Thank JimmyL60365
Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I Love Knott's!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went many, many years ago with my Mom when she came out to visit me. It was alright, it didn't stand out to me. I went back at the beginning of the year to ride the Xcelerator for a Travel Channel filming. It was awesome, the roller coasters were awesome and I wanted to return to take my time and enjoy it (it was Spring Break then, so it was crazy crowded). I bought an annual pass which is a bargain if you can go more than once. It was only $60 something bucks and then I paid extra for unlimited parking, but it has already paid for itself. As a broke student that enjoys an excuse to throw my hands in the air and yell thrillingly, this has been money well spent! I have ridden the roller coasters so many times and I am not tired of them. Off-season there are hardly any lines and you can hit all of the rides you want and not have to wait that long. Peak-season, that's another story, of course you will have to wait, it will be hot and crowded so there you go. Try to go in the off-season. Staff is really nice. I love, love Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant out front but the portions are huge if you're a tourist and don't have a fridge, be prepared. Otherwise, you will have leftovers, yay! Haven't tried it, but the steak place near the GhostRider coaster smells amazing. I think that is my favorite coaster, I really like most of them though. It is very long, creaky, wooden and extremely thrilling - sit either in the very front or in the back for the most thrills. I love Silver Bullet too. Sidewinder, Pony Express and Montezooma's Revenge are fun and I love them, just short and sweet. When it's off-season and not crazy crowded, it's super fun. I even go and ride by myself for my coaster fix. Great park, reasonably priced tickets and food unlike neighboring places....give Knott's a chance. I'm now a big fan!

London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“FUN FUN FUN”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

wOw what can I say Knotts berry is in my opinion one of the best old skool theme park with a fantastic wooden rollercoaster and other top notch rides.
The whole park has that cool relaxed feel to it which makes a great day out and you come out feeling good with thoughts on your way home of plans of the next visit.
We have been loads of times and every time I have a cup of tea out of my knots berry mug I have a little smirk on my face with memories of the great time we have had there.
Next time we are in California one place we can guarantee a visit will be KBF.

Visited August 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Knott's Scary Farm”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Don't waste your money! We flew from Phoenix with 6 kids to attend and it was a total disappointment because Knott's let in so many people that all of the Halloween themed events had waiting lines that were 2 to 3 hours long! What a rip off! Even the regular rides and events were an hour long.