“Great Value”

Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Buellton
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Nice lobby, friendly staff.The only small problem I had was the tv had white lines on it and the toilet tissue was too rough for my standards.Overall, it was very clean and a great place to stay for an overnight and it's away from all the hussle and bussle of the city streets, yet nearby to the freeway! My dog enjoyed it as much as we did!Plus, I recommend staying Monday nights thru Friday mornings so it doesnt seem too crowded, as it may feel on the weekends since it is a small hotel compared to their other bigger ones.

Stayed: August 2007

Reviewed August 13, 2007

We called the Marriott last minute on a Friday afternoon and they
had a room available at a reasonable rate. We had been traveling down the coast from San Francisco, and decided to stay in Solvang for one nite before going home. We LOVED this
hotel. The beds were VERY comfortable. The rooms really
spacious and clean. The pool was great, my daughter really
enjoyed it. We ate dinner at the Tap Room at Firestone Walker Brewery which is right across the street practically. (make reservations!).
We didn't want to go home!!!
Every time I come to Solvang I will stay here from now on.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Stayed here with the family for one night while driving the PCH from SF to LA. Accomodations were clean. Property itself was pretty good. Plenty of room even with a rollaway. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2007

Just returned from a three day trip to the Santa Ynez Marriott. I was a bit hesitant to book this hotel based on earlier reviews, but decided that other available options seemed even less worthy, so I made the reservations. I was not disappointed at all. It is a solid three star property. The hotel is dated in its decor unlike any other Marriott I have seen, but it was clean and comfortable. The lobby has been renovated and it appears that other small scale renovations are under way. We requested a suite that faced away from Highway 101 and were given a large, quiet room on the 4th floor. The hotel is a five minute drive from Solvang with restaurants within walking distance. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, just don't expect too much from the Marriott name.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I live close to Solvang and am familiar with the area. I love to go to local wineries.
First off, Solvang and Buellton are literally right down the street from each other. It was such a last minute trip that i could not stay in any decent Solvang hotels so i decided to try Buellton.
I really disliked this hotel. The room itself was nice, but the bathroom was beyond shabby, small and dirty. The acoustics are terrible in the hotel and every little noise from other rooms can be heard (i.e if the room across the halls door closed it was so loud that you would wake up). I did order room service and the food was decent and speedy. I did not sleep well and neither did my husband (not like us, we are monthly travelers). I did complain at the end of my stay about the loud noise and subsequent sleeplessness. I was looked at blankly and told, "Sorry" by the front desk. I really will not stay here again. So unhappy with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Venturagal
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We stayed at the Marriott with another couple for 1 night 7/18. Overall, the rooms are very clean and larger then most hotels in the area (Solvang especially). It was nice having a refrigerator in the room that was empty (so we could put our stuff in it). As expected, if you have a room facing Hwy 101 it's noisy if you leave your window open. The major negative was the breakfast---slow service and terrible food.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed at the Marriott in Buellton at the end of May while traveling up the coast. Frankly I expected a much lesser Marriott since I knew Buellton was not a big town and the other lodging establishments there were not four star places.
I'm not sure how many stars the Marriott in Buellton has but if it does not have four stars it should. The check in process was gracious and the front desk person was very helpful. Our room was very nice -- more than adequate, and breakfast the next morning was fabulous. Not only were there delectable baked goods but there were eggs and omelets to order and again the service was top rate. I look forward to returning to the area and staying there again. I took a quick look at the pool and it looked very inviting also, but we didn't have an opportunity to use it. Having been a manager in a four star establishment I think I tend to have fairly high expectations, and the Marriott met them all. It's not a luxury hotel in the city, or a resort, but it's an excellent place to stay if visiting the area or on the way through, and the rates were reasonable too.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buellton
Hampton Inn & Suites Buellton/Santa Ynez Valley
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
Hadsten House
Hadsten House
#3 of 11 in Solvang

Been to Santa Ynez Valley Marriott? Share your experiences!