Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)
Good 3.5/5
Hadsten House(Solvang)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssanta ynezwine tastingbreakfast buffetomelet stationvery nice hotelwine countrystarting gateupgraded to a suiteunder renovationlos olivosfirestone breweryhitching postroom ratecentral locationlocal wineriesthe entire hotelroom facing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This is a quality choice with favorable rates and a convenient location. All the usuals you expect from a Marriot combined with a location right on US 101 in Buellton.

This is a perfect location to stay in the Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang area). We stayed here 2 nights and spent 1 day in Santa Barbara (only 45 minutes down 101 from Buellton.

We found this hotel to be a great value.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We spent four nights at the Marriott and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are spacious with free wi-fi, a work desk, super comfortable king bed, couch, and coffee table. The Starting Gate restaurant was good, especially the omelet station....the chef can fix just about anything you request....breakfast burrito, breakfast sandwich, etc. We especially enjoyed an Alexander Valley wine at dinner....the Lancaster blend. The hotel has a very nice pool and hot tub which we enjoyed several times. If there is a downside to this hotel it is the potential for interrupted sleep due to noisy neighbors. The walls seem to be thin and it's quite easy to hear your neighbor's conversation and TV. Luckily our neighbors were early to bed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I book this hotel last minute during Thanksgiving weekend, and ended up loving my decision. Booked a standard 2 queen bedroom, which was clean and spacious. Also got a free breakfast for 2. (May have been a special deal going on) It was definitely the best free breakfast I have ever enjoyed at any hotel--hot breakfast buffet with omlets made to order.

The decor of the hotel feels very high class, and staff was wonderful.

With regards to location, the Marriott is super close to local Buellton attractions (i.e. OstrichLand, anderson's Peasoup restaurant), but also very convenient for driving to Solvang and the beautiful local scenery, which is dotted with wineries and golden rolling hills. During out trip, fall colors were in full display too. If you get a good price, you'll really enjoy the Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott for the location. We attended the Mid State Fair in Paso Robles July 28th (to see :) Keith Urban) then we were traveling to Anaheim the next morning. I figured if we could drive awhile toward Anaheim after the concert we'd have a shorter drive. So thats how I picked the Santa Ynez Marriott. The hotel is an older hotel but very well maintained. I can see where it would be a nice place to stay after a day of wine tasting. There were too many wineries for me to count. Rows and rows of grape fields which made for a very scenic drive. Our room was a nice size with a small balcony which overlooked a Polo ranch. What we could see from outside our room was the sign for the ranch and lots of hills with a few horses. As other posters have said there is some road noise but I didn't notice it at night. It may have been because I was just really tired. I did reserve a Valley room and the cars on the one lane road going past our side of the hotel were slow moving (opposed to a highway)so they weren't very loud. The lady that checked me in was really nice . (I was the only one at the counter) We reserved a valley room with breakfast included. The meal was very good, I had a cook to order omelet from the buffet. Our waitress, Martha was really good, periodically checking to see if we needed anything. There was sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, toast and pastries. Also coffee, juice and sodas. I really enjoyed this Marriott and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

After reading previous reviews, I was a bit nervous but this stay was flawless. The rooms are a bit out dated (compared to Fairfields ), but the room was very clean and the beds were wonderful- typical Marriott quality!

We paid an extra $10 for both of us (husband and I) for the buffet breakfast in their lower level resteraunt- made to order omelettes were great. This resteraunt is a bit out dated also but clean and friendly staff We toured the wine country area and ate out. Burrito loco great food and cheap!!! Pool is nice (weather cold tho) Also checked out the casino in the area...

Outside is very noisy from Hwy 101 but the slider did a great job of quieting the noise to sleep. Great drink/ coffee bar off lobby also.

Concierge by lobby very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple