Lowest prices for your stay
$264
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
Skyscanner.com
$194
All reviews buffet breakfast wine tasting upgraded to a suite nice property lobby freeway wineries tesla miles winery california pet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2017

I have stayed here many times. They just remodeled and it's even better. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Close to shopping, restaurants, and right off Hwy 101.
There is also a movie theater next door if you chose to catch a new movie.

2  Thank babystjo
Reviewed June 5, 2017

This location, near the 101 Fwy., also has a McDonalds and a movie theater next door within easy walking distance. Solvang is a 10 minute car ride, and wineries are only minutes away. You can expect the typical warm Marriott service from the staff. Try and get a room that faces McMurray Rd. rather than the freeway. Our Queen suite was lacing towel racks, but otherwise a delightful room.

Room tip: West facing rooms are adjacent to the freeway, so try for the other side
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed June 2, 2017

Overall staying at this Marriott was a great experience. Buellton is a good location - close to Solvang and not too far from Santa Barbara. There are grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, and other businesses that are easy to get to from the hotel. The rooms are quiet and clean. One negative is that the furniture has been modernized to the point of being non-functional. There is a desk but no desk chair unless you want to use the one and only chair on the balcony. Instead, there is a little table on wheels that you can use sitting on a couch - no room to spread out paperwork. The closet is miniscule but it does have a safe. We liked the large refrigerator. The lighting leaves a lot to be desired but we made do. The very best asset of this hotel is the buffet breakfast which opens at 6:00. They offer fresh-squeezed OJ which was delicious, really fresh fruit, the usual hot items, pastries and an omelette station. The quality and presentation were very good. The waitstaff are the stars of the show - each of them is super friendly and helpful, attentive, and very responsive to your needs. They will even give you coffee or OJ to go! We ate there 3 mornings and the service never waivered so kudos to them!!! Tip - the Lobby is on the 2nd Floor not the Ground Floor as you're entering from the parking lot.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

I made two visits to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott in May. The first was with my wife for an anniversary getaway and the second was by myself. Both visits were wonderful. (This was the first time my wife had been here since the hotel upgrade was completed.) We were warmly welcomed by Nadina and Liz during check and they gave us a nice gift for our anniversary. Our room was very nice and I really like that the hotel provides slippers for use on the new floors. We enjoyed a nice breakfast the next morning and Martha was great to us. Guadalupe confirmed our late checkout which allowed us to enjoy more of the day in the area. I really appreciate how the hotel staff make my wife feel special when we visit.
My experience on my second visit was just as nice as the first. This hotel is my home away from home on the Central Coast and I've stayed here numerous times over the past several years, both for business and pleasure. .

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Having stayed here over many pervious trips to the nearby wine county, this has been our go to spot. The area is growing, where the property across the street had been grazing horses and a polo field, now it is becoming two story condos. Their remodel has changed the character of this property. The rooms remain a good size, our king room has a seating area that is comfortable and usable. The bathroom now has a sliding frosted glass door. So complete darkness is no longer possible if someone is sleeping and another is using it. They have a single comforter on the bed, so I awoke several times in the night, hot, wet from sweating, and tried to go back to sleep was difficult. I had stayed in Denmark, where this same system is more appropriate. I will show my age here, but just like current automobiles, this most likely was designed by someone much younger than myself and not to my liking.

Trip type: Traveled with family