This was pretty much exactly what you expect from a Marriott - nice, comfy, clean beds with a good shower in a nice bathroom. Plenty of parking, free breakfast buffet and a decent pool. It's very easy to get to, right off the highway, but I didn't hear any highway noise at all.
My gripes are few, but I do wish I'd known before we went.
First, I found it sort of confusing to find my way around the hotel to get to the pool and the restaurants - both the signs and the directions in the hotel directory in my room were confusing and/or contradictory.
More importantly, I expected a higher level of tourist support services, given that's who is coming to the area. When I inquired about wine tour van/limo companies over the phone, the front desk pretty much blew me off and said I'd just need to hire a taxi. Some Google searching showed half a dozen companies that would pick us up at the Marriott. Once onsite, neither the front desk nor the concierge were very knowledgeable. They couldn't even confirm if any of the wineries served food and I'm sure one or both are getting kickbacks because the front desk answered "We've been sending people to X, but they all come back and say to stop sending people there because there actually is no food, so you should try Y" but the concierge insisted the X was the best place to go and our cab driver poo poohed both suggestions.
But, it was an easy location and was very close to the restaurant featured in Sideways. And as long as you know to do your own homework, it's a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultra comfortable accommodations in the Santa Ynez Valley Wine country. Only 3 miles from the Danish town of Solvang.Over 80 local vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms nearby in the Santa Barbara Country wine country. We also offer beautiful wedding, event, and meeting space in the Santa Ynez Valley close to Vandenberg Air Force Base. Our certified meeting and wedding planner will ensure your event is flawless. Plus earn Marriott Rewards Points and promotions with your event. The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott conveniently has a Lobby Bar, featuring Starbucks Coffee and Teas, and the Starting Gate Restaurant. You will also enjoy our gift shop and Hertz Car Rental. For your recreation, our 24 hour fitness center, outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi, with brand new lounge furniture, will keep you fit and relaxed. Established in 1984. The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott in Buellton, CA upgraded all their beds and linens to the Marriott Revive Collection, featuring ultra comfortable beds and luxurious linens. We also feature complimentary Wireless Internet in our guest common areas and in our guest rooms for those guests registered with Marriott Rewards. From September 2015 until approximately October, 2016, the hotel will be undergoing a total and extensive renovation. The new 555 Restaurant and Lounge will inhabit the new lobby greatroom, along with a newly updated double size fitness center. All guest rooms are being completely renovated from the ground up including stand alone tiled showers in 70% of the rooms, luxury vinyl flooring and a beautiful brand new full furniture package. What a way to celebrate our 30th Marriott Anniversary!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Ynez Valley Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel Buellton
- Marriott Santa Ynez Valley
- Marriott Hotel Buellton
- Marriott Buellton
- Buellton Marriott