Santa Ynez Valley Marriott
Sideways Inn(Buellton)(Great Value!)
$115
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn(Buellton)(Great Value!)
$92
$80
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley(Buellton)(Great Value!)
$85
$169
Flying Flags RV Resort & Campground(Buellton)(Great Value!)
$189
$125
Travelocity
Viking Motel(Solvang)
$89
All reviewssanta ynezwine tastingbreakfast buffetomelet stationvery nice hotelwine countrystarting gateupgraded to a suitelos olivosroom ratehitching postfirestone brewerycentral locationlocal wineriesthe entire hotelroom facingfitness center
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When visiting Santa Ynez Valley and all its many attractions, my favorite place to stay is the Marriott, located right off the 101 highway and near all the wonderful places to see and visit in the valley: the little quaint town of Los Olivos with its marvelous restaurant that was featured in the film "Sideways", the Chumash casino, Buellton and its famous pea soup, and the interesting though touristy Danish town of Solvang to name a few. the hotel features very comfortable rooms, a caring staff and really good food, especially the breakfasts . . . every imaginable choice to suit your taste . . and it's included in the price of your room. I've stayed in any places in and around Los Olivos and Buellton, but now that I've found Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, that's my pick of the lot.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
GExperienceMgr, Guest Experience Manager at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hi Glenn H,

It's so great to hear that you have frequented the Santa Ynez Valley, and our hotel. This area is so unique and there's so much to do. It looks like you have experienced many of the popular attractions. We appreciate you sharing your experience, and are thrilled that you prefer to stay with us when you're in town. We strive to provide the top-notch value, service, and quality you would expect from a Marriott. We are looking forward to your next stay here.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again and the reasons are as follows. I travel every week and stay in more hotels than I care to recount. I almost never review the hotels I stay in for business. They are functional and not memorable, until I stayed here. Not an amazing location, but close to everything that you need and the hotel is done in a spanish style with a lot of effort put into keeping it updated and clean. The fitness room was better than most and the restuarant served very good food.

I stayed in a one bedroom and this room is larger than most apartments. It had a kitchenette with fridge and microwave. A seperate bedroom with flat screen tv's in the bedroom and living room. The bathroom was gigantic and had a vanity area in the bathroom and another one in the dressing area. It felt wonderdul to spread out and relax. There was also a small balcony off of the bedroom and one off of the living room.

One other item that I noticed is the pool area was great - lot's of comfortable outdoor seating and a fireplace. I think there was a tennis court that was attached to this hotel as well.

I really enjoyed my stay here and you cannot beat the rate that I paid of $164.

Room Tip: Get the one bedroom and enjoy how spacious it is
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicole065
GExperienceMgr, Guest Experience Manager at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Nicole065,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you found your accommodations to be more than you expected. We understand that business travel can be somewhat frustrating if you don't have what you need. Comfort and cleanliness are our top priorities. We are looking forward to accommodating you again during your future stays. If your schedule allows for touring, we would be happy to help make recommendations for visiting the area attractions.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

When travelling for business, I look for three things: clean facilities, attentive service and reasonably-priced, healthy food that’s conveniently located, preferably within the hotel. This place satisfied each requirement very well, and if I ever come through here as a tourist, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AMysteriousTraveler
GExperienceMgr, Guest Experience Manager at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear AMysteriousTraveler,

Thank you for staying with us. We are so pleased to hear that we met your needs and exceeded your expectations. We understand the importance of these categories you mentioned when traveling, and it's great to hear that you were satisfied with your experience. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again when you are able to return for leisure.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Santa Ynez Marriott. From the time we checked in till we left the staff went out of their way to help us. This began at the front desk with Mike checking us in and he upgraded us to a more spacious room which was greatly appreciated as we were weary traveller's at that point. The room was nicely appointed, quiet and very comfortable. a very nice destination to return to in the evening. Greta location near Santa Barbara wine country.

Room Tip: Definately request a room on the Polo field side(where you drive in) of the building. Portions of the other side face the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jollymon22,

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad we were able to offer you an upgraded room. It's our goal to ensure that every guest has a great experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and please consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I along with several friends recently spent 5 nights at this Marriott and could not have been more pleased. It is situated in a centrally located yet peaceful spot. The staff is extremely pleasant and accommodating. We had booked a suite in advance but Marriott upgraded our traveling companions to a suite right next to ours and it worked out perfectly. The suites are very spacious and provide every amenity. Breakfast was wonderful with great variety. In the evening they light a firepit that is surrounded by comfy and cozy couches on a terrace near the pool area. Could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
GExperienceMgr, Guest Experience Manager at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hi carolleone,

Thanks for staying with us! It's great to hear that you found our accommodations to be comfortable for your 5 night stay. We were happy to upgrade your travel companions to a suite so that they would be closer to you. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to the area.