My husband and I booked a suite at this hotel for the weekend of a family wedding being held in nearby Solvang. Because my husband had recent surgery, we thought a suite might be the best option, in case he was not up sightseeing during any free time. We were given room 261, called The Fantasy Suite, and my advice to any discerning traveler who finds him/herself at Buellton is to avoid this over-priced, severely lacking in value, option. The Jacuzzi tub, listed as one of the amenities, is in a mirrored alcove, two steps up, right in the bedroom. It's heart-shaped, presumably for two people's backs to fit into the top part of the heart, with their feet meeting in the vicinity of the point at the bottom. The faucet control is on the wall, so for additional water to be added, one of the two must stand up to operate it, as it is probably 8 feet from where they started, back at the top of the heart. There is the ubiquitous guilt-inducing card which isdesigned to ease the hotel's burden of providing fresh towels, "suggesting" you hang up used ones for another day; however, nowhere in the hotel room, not in the alcove, not in the bathroom, is there even one single towel bar, even if the guest paying nearly $300 a night (more, actually, with taxes) would be willing to re-use towels. There's not a towel ring on the wall for a hand towel. There is not a grab bar anywhere in the, admittedly, spacious shower (presumably for those same two people to use). There was a soap dish at only one of the double sinks.
There's a saying that nobody notices what you do, only what you don't do, and just one of the many things which made this room far less than a fantasy fulfillment were the numerous snags in the carpet. It would have been so easy for a housekeeping supervisor to take small, sharp scissors to trim the very obvious threads, and would have made a big difference in that oh-so-important first impression. Yes, this hotel is practically the only game in town, and does snag (no pun intended) the weary traveler who stops on his/her way up or down US 101, or the convention-booker looking for some kind of bargain, I guess, but if you must stay at this hotel, do not waste your money of what is presented as a suite.
If you've gotten this far in my review, you probably don't care what I may think about the quality of the food, but since breakfast was included in our tariff, we did try the buffet. It was not bad as such things go -- it was plentiful, well-presented, and the staff was cheerful and welcoming. They were appreciated, but overall this stay was a major disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently under extensive renovation. Loud noise disturbance from 8am until 6pm seven days a week until approximately October 1, 2016. Sporatic water shut off's Monday through Friday 9am until 5pm. Ultra comfortable accommodations in the Santa Ynez Valley Wine country. Only 3 miles from the Danish town of Solvang.Over 80 local vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms nearby in the Santa Barbara Country wine country. We also offer beautiful wedding, event, and meeting space in the Santa Ynez Valley close to Vandenberg Air Force Base. Our certified meeting and wedding planner will ensure your event is flawless. Plus earn Marriott Rewards Points and promotions with your event. The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott conveniently has a Lobby Bar, featuring Starbucks Coffee and Teas, and the Starting Gate Restaurant. You will also enjoy our gift shop and Hertz Car Rental. For your recreation, our 24 hour fitness center, outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi, with brand new lounge furniture, will keep you fit and relaxed. Established in 1984. The Santa Ynez Valley Marriott in Buellton, CA upgraded all their beds and linens to the Marriott Revive Collection, featuring ultra comfortable beds and luxurious linens. We also feature complimentary Wireless Internet in our guest common areas and in our guest rooms for those guests registered with Marriott Rewards. From September 2015 until approximately October, 2016, the hotel will be undergoing a total and extensive renovation. The new 555 Restaurant and Lounge will inhabit the new lobby greatroom, along with a newly updated double size fitness center. All guest rooms are being completely renovated from the ground up including stand alone tiled showers in 70% of the rooms, luxury vinyl flooring and a beautiful brand new full furniture package. What a way to celebrate our 30th Marriott Anniversary!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Santa Ynez Valley Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Ynez Valley Marriott Hotel Buellton
- Marriott Santa Ynez Valley
- Marriott Hotel Buellton
- Marriott Buellton
- Buellton Marriott