“Interesting to visit once”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ostrich Land

Ostrich Land
More attraction details
Owner description: OstrichLand
San Francisco, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Interesting to visit once”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

They sell the feed for ostriches in what looks like a frying pan that you must hold with both hands – the ostriches are strong! The kids had fun, and we had even more fun watching our adult children feeding the birds. I wanted to buy ostrich jerky, but the 2 kinds they had were mixed with beef. So disappointing!

If you've never seen ostriches up close, definitely stop there. If you have small children - avoid, they would ask to feed the ostriches, but this is not for short and not-so-strong kids. I was glad we were all adults.

Visited January 2011

New Brunswick, Canada
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 416 helpful votes
“Definately worth a visit... a lot of fun and laughs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

My wife and exited off of the pacific coast highway to grab lunch and in looking for a restaurant we drove by this place. It was impossible not to stop and have a look. There were dozens of huge ostriches visible from the road. We paid our $ 4 to get in and bought some ostrick food. They provide you with a metal dustpan with a bowl welded to it. You stand on an elevated deck and feed the ostriches and emus. It's safe so long as your careful. It was alot of fun. I said to my wife "If someone had said to us 20 minutes ago that we would be feeding ostriches by hand we would have thought they were clinically insane". We just stumbled onto it and it was awesome for 15 minutes of fun and laughs. Not just for kids at all. Check out my pictures and judge for yourself. Go and have fun!

1 Thank Canadian_Hoser
New Jersey
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Your Kids will Love It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

This is a quick stop that your kids will love and remember. Pay your small admission fee and buy them a pan of feed and let them wander by the penned in birds to feed them lunch. There is no petting (and you wouldn't want to!) but they'll have a few minutes of fun.

San Diego, California
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Stop here for a quirky souvenir...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Who knew when I came to Solvang I would be seeing so many unusual critters??? This was definitely one of the most unusual ones. Since my kids weren't with me, I didn't feel the need to pay the $4 to see (and feed) the ostriches up close...but, I did get one heck of a cool souvenir here. I plunked down $30 for an ostrich egg...a real one. Not to grow a baby ostrich (much to my daughter's disappointment), but to feed a family (and then some)! What a novelty...punch a hole in the top, stick in a skewer and stir, insert straw then blow. Make sure the bowl is big. Scrambled ostrich egg is good...and supposedly more healthy than those boring chicken eggs.

New York, NY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Definitely worth the stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

This place was just a fun excursion to waste a little time before the wineries opened up in the morning... but we were glad we stopped! We were shocked to see the ostriches and emus up close- they were really interesting. Have at least one person feed them (just $1 more) because that was a very fun experience... they are extremely aggressive!