“A little moody.....”

Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My birthday weekend! Several people told us about the amazing hamburger. My boyfriend got one..... It was ok. The service in the restaurant was slow and forced. But the bar was great and the people were wonderful!! What a differance of 8 feet!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our party was 3 kids (8-10) and 3 adults. We just BARELY made the lunch menu (which ends at 4:30 and then there is no food served until 5pm when they bring out the dinner menu). I had a delicious sandwich with turkey and apple on a croissant. My husband had a pulled pork number with sweet potato fries. Both were fantastic. Of course, they're known for their beer and our friends enjoyed a sampler that looked fun. At that point I would say that all was great...until you get to the kids. There is no child's menu and the single pizzas start at $12...of which we had 3, of course (the sandwiches are in the $15 range). Root beer came in bottles (I didn't even check the price on those). So, in the end, our meal came to $25 each for 6 people (including tip). To me, that's an EXPENSIVE meal when we're feeding kids cheese pizzas.
Service was good, atmosphere was fun...I would definitely go back but either without the kids, or with some kind of rule that we were splitting food (though we had no leftovers!). Maybe get them a bean burrito before arriving! haha. I think they should definitely offer a kids menu...unless they really don't WANT kids, but it didn't seem so...there were plenty there.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Walk there from the Marriott if you are staying in town. Excellent quality & variety of beer made on-site. Food is hit or miss, pizza good one day, not so great next visit. Tuna ap is excellent and Kobe burger. Gets crowded at dinner with locals, but worth a visit & flight of beer tastings.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent food and drinks in a welcoming setting. Quick service and reasonable prices. We would be glad to stop in again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a great tasting room experience when you're tired of all the wine tasting rooms in the valley... or simply if you are a beer aficianado instead of wine. The Firestone family has been in the wine business here since 1972, but this is run by one of the sons and a son-in-law. You can taste a flight of beers or order a pint or a pitcher. They also have good bar food. Sometimes a bit of live music onweekends.