“poor customer service, lack of respect for elderly”
Review of Rudy's Restaurant

Rudy's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Templeton, California
“poor customer service, lack of respect for elderly”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I took my elderly father for dinner while traveling through Buelton, hoping for some good Mexican food. Half way through our meal I had to help my father use the bathroom due to risk of falling. I specified to the waitress not to clear our table because I was helping my father. I even checked again and gave eye contact while going back to the restroom, but when may father and I came back to finish our meal, our table was cleared. To make it worse, his medication was thrown away with the half eaten meal and beer. When I complained to the waitresses they became very defensive with no apologies, as if I did something wrong. I insisted on replacing my father's beer and meal, but we just couldn't stand being there and will never go back. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Visited February 2012

Solvang, CA
“great food, great prices”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The food is very good here,very large portions and very reasonable prices/

• Visited August 2011
Redlands, California
“Rudy's si The Real Deal!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I was sitting in my hotel room at The windmill and couldn't decide btween A.J. Spurs or Gino's Pizza & Pasta for dinner. I picked up a local travel mag and saw an article about Rudy and his small chain of Mexican restaurants, mainly the one in Buellton. I decide to check it out.

It takes me all of 2 minutes to drive over. I walk in. The place is very clean and comfy. Great atmosphere! They have a big menu and lots of specials listed. I order. My food is ready within 2 minutes. I ordered the carne asada burrito($6.95), the nachos with beef($6.95 plus $1.75 for beef) and 2 Pacifico beers($3.50 each). The total comes to $24 and change with tax.

There is a full salsa and sauce bar. All fresh made like the food. The portion sizes are large and all the ingredients are fresh. I can barely eat half of my order. Everything is delicious!

I will be back and recommend to others.

1 Thank Jeff42
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good value, good food. Their shrimp fajita burritto and the taco salad with chicken are my favorites.”
Reviewed November 17, 2008