“Overly hyped and pricey”

Ellen's Danish Pancake House
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Buellton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We went to Ellen's since it was recommended to us by our local friends and family. Thankfully we got here early enough that we didn't have a long wait (but still had to wait a bit, nonetheless). Nothing I saw on the menu, aside from anything a la carte, was under $8 (not even the pancakes). I ordered a 3-egg veggie omelet and it was $14. Now, granted, I am from CO and I know that Buellton is a bit of a tourist trap, but I am guessing that the markup on that sucker was huge. The husband ordered a cinnamon roll and a side of bacon, my aunt ordered a short-stack, and my uncle ordered the ham and eggs. All told, we paid $65 for a typical breakfast. I REALLY wanted to try their danish pancakes but I also wanted eggs and I didn't want to pay $30 for a taste. I don't even know how to make a proper review here because I feel like I must be the only one scoffing at the cost. I should've gone to Solvang for breakfast.

I will say that out server was pretty awesome - extra points to her. She was great.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

NIce local breakfast stop. Right off Highway 101 in Buellton. Homey atmosphere. Ample servings and variety.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This place is very popular with tourists. It is usually crowded for breakfast . The items on the menu are priced fairly. If you order pancakes you will find out the syrup is very thin and watery.

1  Thank Roy D
Reviewed June 21, 2018

my meals are always great eat there at least once a week, the cooks are really fast, never have wait too long for your meal. the waitress are always helpful and friendly. as far as i am concerned the best place to eat in whole valley. one of the only places that i know where you can get breakfast any time of the day

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The biscuits and gravy are a meal in itself. The regular three egg omelets were great. Pancakes galore. Covered with strawberries and whipped cream. You will not leave hungry or broke. Reasonable prices, ample servings. Service was outstanding and friendly.