“Your taste buds will be happy.”

Ellen's Danish Pancake House
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2014

You can almost bet there will be a wait, but the wait is worth it. Whatever your meal of choice is it will be delicious and have lots of down home flavor. We like to eat breakfast here because it is a short walk from the RV park.

1  Thank Richard M
There are newer reviews for Ellen's Danish Pancake House

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very good find. Danish pancakes are great if you don't like traditional pancakes that are on the cake side. Service was fast and the waitress helpful and friendly. In town to visit wineries but will return to this restaurant next time we are in the area. You also can't beat the value of what you get.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visited this place while on a work trip. The place had a line but within 5 minutes, we were seated. The service is extremely friendly and efficient. I ordered the Danish pancakes which are nice and thin as I expected. I'm used to eating this type of pancake with butter, powdered sugar and lemon. They don't serve it like this, but I improvised using the lemon from my iced tea. The pancake was delicious. Crisp edges...just the way I like. I also ordered the sausage patty which I highly recommend. It is homemade, seasoned perfectly and juicy!

1  Thank Cooking_Hawaiian
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We go to Solvang once a year and my husband insists that we eat here for breakfast at least once! Great food and friendly staff!

1  Thank Tammy R
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We just 'happened' upon this casual dining eatery as we passed on our way down the PCH and diverted to see Solvang, the Dutch village.

The queue outside was a good indicator of its popularity but was not so long as to put us off entirely. The staff were friendly and well-organised - obviously well used to queues (or lines!) since they took our names and called us in as tables became available. The service was efficient and we were served promptly despite the restaurant being full. While waiting, one of the regulars advised us to have the ham hock on the 'specials' board and this was a great recommendation. The rest of the food was also of good quality and reasonably priced. It says it's 'Danish' and we are not familiar with Danish food so I can't comment on that. There WERE a selection of sausages on offer, and obviously there were pancakes but we didn't have those.. The sausage we had was a bit like a German bratwurst, but generally the restaurant seemed fairly similar to a typical American diner.

It's definitely worth a visit if you are in the area. We would return.

1  Thank Mocampion