“We were very tired, so are glad it was there”

Pea Soup Andersen's
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fried chicken was good, although one dish could have served two of us. Diner-style ambiance with an amazingly kitschy gift shop. The pea soup has a tired taste to it, but to each his own. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had the chicken fried steak, which was average. Wife had the Philly Steak sandwich, and it was a little dry. Soup was great as it has been every time I've eaten at a Anderson's

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Like other reviewers, I have been here a number of times over the past decades and decided to write a review after a recent lunch. What was once a restaurant now has a hotel, gift shop, bakery, and deli. The food, though, is still the same--very good and plentiful. The soup must be the same recipe, always hot and delicious. And I still wish they had a version with ham in it. Prices are a little high but there is always more food than we can finish. Their sandwiches are huge, and I wish you could order half without also having a salad or soup. I do like that they still have the traveler's special with all you can eat soup or the soup add-on to a meal--these include a milkshake as a beverage choice which makes a great dessert! The service is always friendly and professional, and the food arrives promptly even with a crowded restaurant. The place itself seems a little dated but in some ways is part of the charm. Overall, it makes a great stop for lunch or dinner, especially if you are on the road on the central coast.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ya gotta love the soup recipe that hasn't changed in decades. When I was a kid I loved this place...I remember it as being fun. My kids didn't get it. Has it changed or is the culture so much more jacked up that kids can't get it? Any way....the service was fast, friendly and adequate. The soup is unchanged since way back when. The Firestone wines offered on the wine list are very nice. It's probably just average, but I'll give it a Very Good because I like someplace that's be around for a long time and has a sense of history. Having said that, I'll come back again when in the area next time.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a craving for comfort food whole driving from SLO to LA. We used to stop here when I was a kid in the 60's with my family o. The way to camp at Big Sur. Nostalgia got the best of me. What seemed like N adventure back then was a huge disappointment in 2012. I'm not sure if they changed a thing in the past 50 years but they should. Boring tasteless soup and diner food without the diner. Skip it!

1  Thank mcmc1953