“Great wine and Appetizers!”

The Hitching Post II
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hitching Post II is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thumbelina
santa cruz, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine and Appetizers!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are big Sideways movie fans so this was a must stop location for our Solvang weekend. We are also vegetarian so we passed up the dinner menu, sat at the bar and enjoyed some excellent wine and appetizers. Visit the Hitching Post website to view videos of great pairings for wine and food at this restraunt. I highly suggest the Rose Wine and smoked Artichoke App!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank dggsantacruz

Covina, CA
“A great meal”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Dinner at The Hitching Post is always great. We were last there in October of 2012 and weren't disapointed. Try their quail as either an appetizer or your meal. You get a whole grilled quail as the appetizer and either 1 or 2 as the meal. The grilled artichoke is also great. They use a special dipping sauce that you can purchase and also a special seasoning called magic dust. As far as wine, you can get the best that the central coast has to offer and more. They also serve Firestone Walker beer on tap my favorite. The steaks are excellent and the mussels are good too.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank us2alwaysmovin
London
“Great atmosphere and wine”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I visited the hitching post last June on a Sideways trip with my dad ahead of my wedding. The two main reasons to come here are definitely the wine and the atmosphere. We had a bottle of Highliner which was excellent. We had a great evening.

Del Mar, California
“Worth the wait for just the "being there"”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Spent first night in Buellton and went to HP on a Sunday eve at sunset. Very crowded but I could tell they are used to that. The option at eating at the bar seemed to be the best and you sign in at the bar. We got a makeshift table next to kitchen. Was it great? Not really..but it was fun, decent stakes, good seasonings and an atmosphere that makes me rank it very good. It was fun!

• Visited September 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
“A "Can't Miss" Meal”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Finally got to stop & eat @ The HP - have to say it was one of the best filet mignon's I've eaten!
Too bad I just started back on my diet - it really killed me to not have a glass of red wine with the delicious steak! (Next time...)

• Visited October 2012