“Terrific place to visit”

Bottlest Winery, Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottlest Winery, Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Buellton
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Route 246
Description: Bottlest is a full service restaurant, bar, and winery tasting room offering “wine country bistro” fare prepared with classic French techniques, complemented by avant-garde culinary processes like molecular gastronomy and sous vide, and accented by modern California flair. In addition to our world class cuisine, we offer 52 wines by the glass, classic cocktails and 20+ beers, as well as tours of our winery, which is the largest in Santa Barbara county.
Santa Maria
“Terrific place to visit”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is our second visit to Avant Tapas and Wine and what changes have been made - all for the better. The food has improved 100%. Try the Mac 'n Cheese - unbelievably good. Everyone in our party was highly satisfied with the quality and the desserts were out of this world. Great for sharing. We like the concept of a "choose your own" wine tasting too.
The waitress was very good and did not hurry us out despite it being a busy evening. We all appreciated that. I would highly recommend you try this out.

• Visited November 2013

Simi Valley, CA
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The restaurant serves a great variety of wines and the concept of having a credit card to keep a tab on the self-serve wine tasting is a futuristic idea, however, the amount of wine poured by the machine for each tasting and for the half glass portions is a rip off. I checked with the manager to make sure the amounts were correct n in a condescendig manner he told me it was a tasting that I could buy a half or full glass if I wanted. When I returned to my table the manager realized the bottle I poured from was empty but instead of bringing a new bottle for my tasting he brought the empty bottle n pot the sediments on my glass! I am not a wine expert but I know never to pour the last ounce of wine from a bottle, otherwise you'll be tasting only sediments.

There were four people in our party (2of them are from Spain). We ordered five tapas from the very limited tapas menu. Each tapas plate contained 3 pieces of each item, we asked our waitress whether we could add another piece to the remaining plates so we could all taste the tapas but we were told that's the way the plates come. We were willing to pay a little extra but there was no help from the waitres and after the wine experience I didn't want to deal with the manager again.

We also ordered dessert (the bread pudding was delicious) and coffee and were presented with our check when the dessert and coffee arrived. Our waitress disappeared leaving us with no coffee refills or questions about our check which happened to have and extra charge for wine tasting.

Needless to say, we are not coming back to Avant. Not every small plate of food can be called tapas.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Unique experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband saw a segment about Avant on one of our local Santa Barbara TV stations a few weeks ago and we decided to give it a try today. We have family coming in December for Christmas, and are looking for different places to take people. This is a great spot if you like wine, it's so much fun to select your own wines to taste - using the card as a token to purchase the wine is kind of fun. In addition to the selection of wine, they have a nice selection of tapas, we started with the seared Ahi tuna, the Avant poppers, and the pomegranate lamb skewers, all of which were excellent. I ended up also ordering the grilled chicken sandwich, which was very good. Service was good. The day we went, Sunday, Sept. 1, initially there was only one server for the tables, and the server was getting a bit harried so the bartender came out as well, which helped a lot, and she ended up giving us a great wine recommendation. You can get tours of the facility, which we didn't take advantage of this time but may do in the future. All in all a very pleasant experience in a unique setting. We would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Orinda, California
“Great Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Located in an industrial park and attached to a wine bottling plant, this is a fun place that serves some great wines in a unique way and some very tasty dishes. They have dozens of wines to choose from on their automated wine wall, which allows you to pour your own... pick a taste, a half a glass or a full glass. And the "Yuppie Crack" small plate is delicious.

• Visited August 2013
Orange, California
“Great atmosphere and views.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant for a late lunch after wine tasting and it was very good. What was very unique is that you could taste 52 different wines and it was self serve, A card was given to us and you could have a taste, half glass or full with different prices. All of the wines were from that winery and some were good and inexpensive. They were surrounded by lavender fields on the outside and hills which made me feel I was in France or Italy. Very nice experience and the food was decent also.

• Visited July 2013