“Cooks need to be taught how to make an omelette. Gross.”

Mother Hubbard's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Buellton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Family owned and operated since 1978, Mother Hubbard's, has been serving our customers and the community ever since. Located on Avenue of the Flags, in the center of town we’ve seen the ever changing landscape of the area; but throughout the years our commitment to serving the best home made foods has never changed. From farm fresh produce and eggs to hand cut chops and steaks we’re committed to bringing our customers the highest quality meals in the area. A supporter of local charities and organizations we’re as committed to our community as we are our family of customers and as part of this approach we utilize local products whenever possible.
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I live in Buellton. This place has been here over 20 yrs. Across the street from Pea Soup Andersons. Tried the place 3 times over the years for breakfast. I enjoy omelettes. Apparently the owner does not know how to make an omelette and does not care.
Three times, both sides are Medium brown. I stared at them wondering "how"? The pancake sides stunned me once as well. Could not cut them with a fork. Needed a Knife for them!!
I do not exagerate. Had lunch once and the sandwiches were average and normal. Locals go to chat and eat. Odd though. Pea Soup makes a fine collection of breakfasts for the same prices

2  Thank toadandbear

Reviewed May 12, 2011

My family has stopped here several times to eat breakfast and every single time, it's awesome.

The food is old style farm breakfast food, just like my grandpa loves to eat, and it's becoming increasingly hard to find. They serve sausage patties! No where serves those anymore and they're my favorite.
The eggs are always hot, the hash browns crispy, the toast comes with a selection of individually sealed jellies, and the wait staff is attentive without being annoying.
Everyone who works here is super friendly and the whole place is clean.

We love stopping here because we know we'll get consistently good food and it's an easy on and off to the freeway.

2  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We were staying in Solvang for a couple of nights and were concerned with the "not so good reviews" of local restaurants plus we didn't want to spend a small fortune for dinner. We looked at this site and others and decided to try this restaurant. We were not disappointed. It had a nice local feel with good food quality and good sized portions. I had the meatloaf, my wife the pork chops, one child the spaghetti, and the other the fried chicken. All were flavorful and prepared well. The food came out promptly, was hot, and the service was attentive. If you are looking for a non-touristy local restaurant with good quality food and service, then this is a good choice.

1  Thank OC-Family-of-4
Reviewed December 24, 2009

We found Mother Hubbard's by accident because we wanted to eat at a place where we could keep an eye on our car (loaded with suitcases) while eating. What a delightful find! I found the peanut butter milkshake was delicious and regretted that I could not try the blueberry milkshake. We tried the curry and sweet potato soup and found it novel and delicious. We tried the Santa Barbara sandwich, a croissant with moist chicken Swiss cheest, avocados, and sprouts. Wow! That was novel and delicous, too. We had just intended to have a light meal, but we could not resist asking about pies. It turned out they had developed a new dessert, flutas, which were two appie pie stuffings wrapped in enchiladas and quickly deep fried, drizzled with caramel sauce and ice cream on the side. There were so many offerings on the menu that we didn't try, so we'll be back whenever we pass through Buellton. The bill for our lunch was $22--a bargain considering what we have paid at other restaurants for food that is same-o, same-o. We suggested that the owners publish a book of recipes for their numerous new creations, and the lady said she could add anecdotes about the customers and staff over the last few decades. She said that about 85% of the customers are locals. No wonder. They know where the good deals are in Buellton.

Reviewed September 10, 2009

This is my local go to place, I go there atleast 2-3 times a week. I know all the staff and they all know my son and myself. I love going in and saying hi to all my friends before going to my spot and finding my drink already waiting for me. They all know what I want depending on the time of day I'm there. The little touches mean the most, like when my 4 yr old orders pancakes they slice grapes for the eyes & nose. All in all great food, great service, and great feel. I recomend it to EVERYONE!!!

1  Thank babbuba