“Birthday trip to casino”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brooks
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooks
Santa Cruz, California
“Birthday trip to casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Went to Cache Creek for an overnight birthday celebration. Check in was a breeze..needed to use the bell services, can't remember the guys name but he was super friendly. My room was comped as I have gambled there and stayed there a few times. The rooms are very nice, large and clean. There is a soaking tub which I love to use. They have bathrobes for guests to use....I think every hotel should have bathrobes!! The bathroom is very large, lots of space for everything!! There is a small refrigerator and a keurig coffee machine which I love. Also two comp bottles of water. They also have a spa but we didn't get to use it. The pool area is wonderful, they have a little pool bar and also cabanas if you want to rent them. We pretty much had the pool to ourselves only one other lady there. Had dinner at the buffet...it's a good buffet. Plenty of choices. Had breakfast at Canyon Cafe, very good and the service was great!! Gambling....well it's gambling. You win some you lose some. I won 700.00 on dangerous beauty penny machine!!! They have a great selection of slot machines as well as a bunch of different card games and they even have craps. The casino is a little smokey but hey...it's a casino, you have to expect that from any casino... and they do have a non smoking section. We will be back!!! Love the whole experience of Cache Creek.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kelli S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Spent a few hours at Cache Creek Casino. I go to Thunder Valley casino regularly, but for a change, we went to this casino. What a mistake, I know why we don't go here.
I play blackjack in the high limit room. Nice dealers, but snotty hosts and a jerk, Isaih, pit boss. A dealer dealt my first card as I was placing a side bet down, she asked the jerk if it was ok for me to place the bet. Just a $15 side bet, he said "no" and walked away. All other casinos would have said "yes." It was attitude and voice tone that made me upset.
Later I asked if they would comp me some lunch. They said they would check; after a long wait, some lady host comes up and says, "no." You haven't played enough. $5K lost in 2 hours, not enough for a $25 comp? Her attitude stinks.
We had lunch at the Chinese restaurant. Good dim sum and vegetable stir fry; excellent service. Only good thing at this casino. That CEO, Randy Takimoto, needs to go "undercover boss" to check out and fire some staff, otherwise the casino will go broke.
Go to Thunder Valley or Red Hawk if you want an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2014
10 Thank Kendmv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were offered a free night stay at Cache Creek. We thought what a good way to check out the lodging (besides the casino ). We were not disappointed. The room had beautiful decor with lots of storage including a refrig & safe. The bath/restroom area was almost as big as the bed area as it had a walk-in tiled shower & a deep soaker tub. The only thing we had a problem with was the wi-fi connection. Other than that we would be sure to return for another stay.

Also, try out the Chang Chou Asian Restaurant. It offers several Chinese dishes, plus Vietnamese, Filipino, & Korean. My husband has his certain favorite Chinese dishes and the sweet & sour pork and the house pan fried noodle chow mein were both delicious. We will be sure to try this restaurant again.

Room Tip: Our South West 5th floor room looked out to the adjoining rooftop but they had cleverly planted tree...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LBecker1225
Hope, BC, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

After visiting family in Concord, Ca. on our way back to BC we stopped after driving for two hours at this lovely Hotel and Casino in Brooks Ca. Since this was our first visit to this casino we applied for a Players Card and were quite pleased when we each received a $25.00 voucher to be used priorly for food or at the gas bar. We were driving a camper van and had driven there mainly since we had reviewed on trip advisor that this Casino is RV friendly. We found a nice quiet spot to spend the night. Since we had a food voucher and had already filled the gas tank at their gas station also at a discount we decided to use part of the money on the Harvest Buffet which was open that evening after having been closed for two days. The choices were unbelievable and everything we tasted was excellent. Even if paying for it ourselves it was very reasonable priced for such an extensive menu. One of the best Buffets we have been to. We have to plan the next time we come that the restaurant is open.

This huge Casino caterers mainly to Asians and very busy. There was a great variety of slot machines and table games which kept my husband and myself entertained.

Security personnel was constanly driving around the RV and auto parking lot so we felt very safe. As soon as they would see us walking, would offer us a ride to the casino. It was very quiet during the night and enjoyed our stay very much. We will definitely come again on our next camping trip to the US. Before leaving we spent the rest of the voucher on delicious Chinese take away food for the trip. I must say that they are very generous offering these vouchers to newcomers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Roa3
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at Cache Creek because it is one of the few hotels in the Capay Valley and we were attending a wedding in Guinda. I had previously been to the hotel's spa (which is quite nice) and walked through the casino (casinos are casinos) so wasn't sure what to expect of our room. I was quite pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, with very large and well appointed bathrooms and were on the whole modern and very pleasant. We also had room service for breakfast and the staff was very kind and the food was pretty good (although it is difficult to screw up breakfast). I am very particular and we stay mostly at luxury hotels so I don't say this lightly, but I would be happy to stay here again. I wish I didn't have to walk through a smoke-filled casino to get to the rooms, but with the limited options in the area, I can overlook that. There is also free parking and the casino gift shop and convenience store at the gas station on the premises also have most of what one might need in an emergency or for comfort during your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amznyc
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is lovely property except it is in the middle of nowhere. We drove for what seemed like eternity from SF into small country roads until we saw it on a hill. The rooms were nice and comfortable. THe spa was fantastic! Definitely would go there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Jill B
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Enjoyed a free standard room at Cache Creek during midweek. Check in was average. Check in area lobby has no comfort seating while waiting with bags. It is less than inviting. The walk to the rooms is a bit long but there is a security guard at the elevators. Once you enter the hotel, the decor is amazing. I think they did a great job. The hallways are large and beautiful. Once you open the door to the room, you are in awe again, very nice. Nice wood floors and carpeting. The room is large and modern and very welcoming. I compare this room to some of the finest in Las Vegas. The bathroom is superb. The electronics were all in good working order and the TV was simple to use. There is a refrigerator that customers can use and a safe in the big closet. I want to stay here again and again. If you want a view, ask for it, the first floor is only a small garden with trees.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, the first floor maybe disappointing but not really bad.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jeep_Rick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 12 in Woodland
Holiday Inn Express Woodland
Comfort Suites Woodland - Sacramento Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Woodland

Been to Cache Creek Casino Resort? Share your experiences!