“Worst hotel I ever stayed”
Review of Tahoe Inn

Tahoe Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brockway
“Worst hotel I ever stayed”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed one night at this horrible hotel, room smelled so bad, very dirty, beds look old ready to be in the garbage can,showers are molded, filthy, carpet is diurty ,after walking on it my feet were literally black, stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank glory4maiky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

During our 1 month road trip throughout most of California we stopped for 2 days and 1 night at the Lake Tahoe -- we did not really plan where we would spend the night so we went freestyle!!

We found this hotel in Brockway (elevation about 2000m, population less then 500) on one side its 500m from the Nevada state limite so really 3mns away from casinos and cheap booze!! and on the other its about 10mns walk from Kings Beach.
The hotel is nothing special, but it was just what we needed - clean and comfy bed, and for 58$ a night its a good deal!

so if you are in the area and you're just looking for a place to crash then this will do it!

Was there in August 2010

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brockway hotels

Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It can look old but it is decent and the price is cheap. We stayed here a night before driving up to Reno as we had not expected too much from an inn when we placed the booking online. The room and bedding was comfortable and clean and that mattered alot to us. It was also in a good location where we could find restaurants without much hassle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Staff dishevelled and place was dirty. Some scruffy people hanging around who lives there as renters with a dog that barked at midnight in their room. Only good thing was the linen on bed was clean or I would not have stayed, even knowing there was nothing else available in my price range as it was it cost $99 a night plus tax. The noise was unbelievable - above me I think they were having an exercise class at 6am to midnight and I Yelled into the hall at 345am for the people across the hall to go to bed as I needed to sleep after a 15 hour drive. They got me once but shame on me if they get me again. Seems when I book thru Orbitz we get the crappiest rooms - right now my view is a brick wall !!!! Another Orbitz booking in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room here - didnt even have air con and opening the windows seem a bit risk...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Aunty Minnie W
Kings Beach, California
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I think this is the first one star review I've ever had to leave. It most cases you can find some redeeming qualities about a place no matter how awful it is. Nope, not here. I had friends in town and we needed a pet friendly hotel for them.. We were going to CalNeva but last second decided to check this place out. Worst decision ever.

I could deal with the grossness and the smell of the place... We were just using it as a place to crash after going to a concert. The next morning I had to work, so woke up in a rush and on my way to work I realized I had left my phone sitting on top of the bed. By the time I was able to relay this to my friends they had checked out of the room. They went back around 2:00 that day and were told that it was not found, which I know is a lie because I clearly remember where I left it. They even let them lift the bed up and go through the linens. I don't understand how it just vanished into thin air.

I went back again the next day and when they still didn't have it, I was practically in tears. The phones battery was dead when I left it... That same day I called my phone and shocker it was turned on and ringing! Also I sent some texts asking they return it to me and then coincidentally they shut the phone off not long after.

This really bothers me because I am a local myself and work in the lodging industry. I know everyone is hurting right now, its the shoulder season, but don't go ripping off your neighbors.

The fact that I've even had to offer them a cash reward with no questions back just to get what's rightfully mine back is disheartening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bsm1982
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

"You get what you pay for" - in this case $64/night (cheapest in the Tahoe area) got a fairly clean room with a shower, toilet, and (creaky) bed. The place looks like it was run down the day after it was built (50 years ago?). The lock on the exterior door looks like it might be appropriate for a closet in your house (we kept valuables in the car when we were out).

That said, it was clean and it had two beds, and it was cheap. So if that's what you're after, this place will do the job. Just don't expect a lot of ambiance...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MSSD3210
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a 3-star hotel. On the outside, the exterior walls remind you of a swiss chalet. On certain portions, it seems the walls are coming apart. This is among the cheapest hotel along King's beach and closest to Northstar ski resort. It lacks amenities such as coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, etc. In our room, the TV cable was actually broken. However, the bath / shower area is clean. The bed and bedsheets are clean. On Friday itself, the carpark is close to being full. So if you are looking for a cheap place to stay for the night, this is reasonable. However, if you are looking for some comfort, then avoid this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockway
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#1 of 1 in Crystal Bay
Ferrari's Crown Resort
Ferrari's Crown Resort
#1 of 4 in Kings Beach

Been to Tahoe Inn? Share your experiences!