Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Brisbane on the 10th and 11th of November and was pretty unimpressed. First the good: the breakfast is pretty good, with waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, etc. I echo other comments in that the breakfast area is a little cramped if there are a lot of people eating. I also echo the comments that the walls are paper thin, as I could hear other guests TVs, and conversations while trying to sleep at night. The rooms were terribly small to be called suites, with the living room/bedroom/kitchen all one room not much bigger than a standard hotel room. My biggest complaint was the airport shuttle, which was very unreliable. I twice waited for an hour for a shuttle that is supposed to run every half hour. One night I waited in the rain and called three times and was told each time that the shuttle was on its way and should be there in about 5-10 minutes. Not a terrible hotel, but nothing special either.

• Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank WI_Traveller

Reviewed November 5, 2007

First, I have stayed at many Homewood Suites Hotels all across the country without any problems. I booked my room three months in advance, and I asked the reservationist at the location, if there was a special weekend rate. She told me that she would let me speak to the manager on duty, Minnie. I spoke to Minnie, and she assured me that I would get the weekend rate. I asked for an e-mail confirmation. I kept receiving confirmations that did not show the weekend rate. I called back and spoke to Minnie, and she told me that the system would not accept the rate when she entered it, but that she would give me the rate since she was the manager. When we arrived, I spoke to the front desk about my conversation with Minnie, and they assured me I would get the rate. Everything went well in the beginning, except for a smelly room with mosquitoes, and there was an ant trail in the kitchen, but they put us in another room. HOWEVER, when I got ready to check out, THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE WEEKEND RATE! I spoke with the manager on duty because Minnie was conveniently off. He told me that he called Minnie at home, and she said that she did not tell me any such thing. I got into an argument with this man, and he told me that I was a liar! I had to stop my husband from going to the front desk and attacking him for calling me a liar. We left, and I called HiIton. They told me it was my word against Minnie's word. So, after 10 years of devotion, I will NEVER stay at another Hilton brand Hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank shannon09942000
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We stayed at the Homewood Suites, Brisbane on the nights of Oct. 4th and 5th. We stay at H. Suites all over the country and would have to say this was a huge disappointment. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everything in adjoining rooms. The eating area is far too small for the size of the hotel. People were literally tripping over each other at the breakfast bar. We requested a bay view room and found the windows were covered with heavy white plastic for an exterior painting job. They did not advise us about this when making the reservation or when we checked in. We could not see the bay or get fresh air. We were told there was nothing they could do about it. We continued to pursue another possible room without plastic on the windows & met with much resistance. The front desk supervisor escalated the rates at least 3 times during the course of one conversation. We felt like we were dealing with a used car salesman. We were traveling for pleasure, quite weary after a long day on the road and found this experience to be a huge waste of our time and most unpleasant!

Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank roadwarriors07
Reviewed October 5, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel many times when I have needed a room. It is a wonderful location unless you need to do some quick shopping at a grocery store (which means you need to get on the highway and head to S. San Francisco or San Mateo). Anyway, what I like the most about this hotel is the stellar service. I've stayed here multiple times through priceline, and they have always been accommodating about where my room is located...they always ask what floor I want to be on, and when I explain that I prefer a room on the quiet side of the hotel (away from highway and caltrain) they always oblige. I find this very impressive because using priceline I am a 'cut rate' customer, but they always treat me with great respect. Also there was one time I checked in, and noticed one of the pillowcases looked dirtied. I became worried that the bed may not have been changed, but when I ran into a cleaning staff in the hall, she took care of it instantly, with much thanks! The free breakfast is great...not exactly gourmet, but a wonderful selection / buffet to choose from (waffles, bagles, french toast, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, juice, and so on....). You can really get a meal at this place!

My only two beefs are: 1) The mattresses are feeling a bit stiff/not very comfortable. I think they are on the verge of needing replacement. Please do this - otherwise its' a great place! and 2) Like many hotels, the walls can be a bit thin. One or two nights, I've had a noisy couple on the other side of my headboard, and it can make it more difficult to sleep. Staff has a no partying policy which they are using to try and keep the noise down, which helps, I'm sure.

New mattresses, and this place would be a five star in my book. I would easily pay full price for these rooms as long as my budget could accommodate. In my opinion, Hilton does the best!

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank 567ytp
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I chose to stay the weekend after my company sent me to San Fran for a conference. Great hotel for staying close to airport but not having to be right at airport. Hotel free airport shuttle runs every 1/2 hour and so I was able to take shuttle to airport to pick up BART to go into San Fran. Hotel was very busy and breakfast was packed, so did not get a chance to enjoy it. I noticed many people have commented on noise at hotel, but I did not experience this. I think that if you are unlucky to be given a room near the freeway you might complain. Ask for a room in the higher numbers, as they are rooms closer to the water and further away from freeway. Rate was great and was a very good value.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank jacketsman
Reviewed August 6, 2007

We booked this since we had an early flight the next morning. We arrived at 1 am, check in was fast. We had a one bedroom suite. It had separate living area and a small kithcen with frdige. I thought it was nice, but small. We had a bay view, which we didnt care about since we were only there 2 hours. There was a large bathroom, but the bed was AWFUL. It was not what you would expect from a Hilton. it was hard and uncomfortable. The pillows were flat. Except for the fact that we were exhausted, we might not have ever gone to sleep. Also, I forgot to mention they put us as far away from the elevator as possible.
They have a nice free breaksfast from 6-9 and a hotel shuttle that starts at 4. There is a business center with 1 computer and a gift shop where you can buy food items.
Parking is free, although we unknowingly parked next to a sprinkler which soaked our car.
It is a good place to stay and rest your head. I did think that $110 was a little much but on par with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2007

The previous reviews are pretty accurate from my experience. Overall a nice hotel, clean and close to the city so you can drive down there in minutes or take the BART train from San Bruno station which is about 10 minutes away. It is easy to get to and has free parking and an average free breakfast. Close for airport travelers but you do not hear any airplanes. There is a nice walking path by the bay but there is nothing else close by except office buildings. You can go to a mall at San Bruno about 10 minutes away that has everything you might need. The desk staff are helpful in showing you how to get around.
However, as others have said the rooms are not quiet. You can hear folks in the next room and you must NOT get a room on the freeway side of the hotel. That side has the 101 and the BART train maybe 40 yards from the hotel. And yes, it sounds like a train is going through your room every 10 minutes starting around 5 o'clock in the morning. Now a friend had warned me of this so I specifially requested a bayside room and then called again 2 weeks ahead and confirmed it. But when I got there, they gave me a freeway room. I complained but the front desk said all the rooms on the other side were full and they would try to move me. Well I complained everyday for a week and they still could not move me. We did get used to the trains alittle but it still was not a very restful stay. Homewood Suites has a "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your night is free" policy so I asked the manager for a free night because I had been promised a bayside and got the trackside room. She credited one night to me which made the pain alittle more bearable.
Would stay here again but would be careful which room I get and of course you are the the mercy of your neighbors if you happen to get next to a rowdy bunch.

• Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank travforfun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!