All reviewspizzatent cabinsbunk bedscovered wagonmono lakeghost townbig portionsnice cabinfun place to stayonsite restaurantate dinner and breakfastfire pittrouthot springscouple of nightsyosemite npsmall refrigerator
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Our son told us the restaurant had great pizza. We didn't realize they had cabins. I think we got the best cabin about 15 feet from the creek. We loved our stay. Very cozy and very cute. Will go again

Room Tip: Cabin 9 by the creek
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here in both the motel and a cabin. Both were roomy and comfortable. The cabin has all the cooking and dining equipment you need. We had a twin bunk bed, a full bed and a full futon. There are also tent cabins and covered wagons that are tents. The grounds are beautiful and have a bridge over the creek to a hiking trail. Staff is wonderful and food at the restaurant is delicious! It's a little South of town, but a quick drive there and to Travertine Hot Springs.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank svfunkychateau
Reviewed June 11, 2017

stayed here a few times in the past...the hosts has always been friendly...the rooms clean and neat.... love staying in the cabin right by the creek...the gurgle of the water from the small creek serves to lull you to sleep at night...awesome place to use as a base to explore the area...which is what my family did!

Room Tip: cabins #8 and #9 are right by the water...highly recommended....
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Stopped overnight on a road trip up the Eastern Side of the Sierras. We got a family bungalow that looked almost new. Lots of knotty pine and good natural light. Fluffy towels and nice bedding. Room was super clean. Our cabin looked across the campground at Virginia Creek. Wifi was good but dropped out in the morning for a few hours and the staff was not helpful in resolving the issue. The queen bed was past its prime and sagged in the middle. I ended up sleeping in the bunk beds which were quite comfortable. The cabin had a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge but had absolutely no utensils. The onsite restaurant loaned us a few things but were reluctant to loan us any wine glasses. Just be aware that the settlement is five miles south of Bridgeport so bring food unless you want to eat in what I felt was an overpriced restaurant. Also, it is right on the highway, but very little traffic noise at night so I had a good sleep. All in all I thought this was a good value. I would bump it up to five stars if the bed was better and the kitchenette had some utensils.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2017

We stayed here on two separate occasions on a recent round trip. We booked a cabin and were delighted to find a really great pine chalet with warm air heating, inset lighting, flat-screen TV, fridge, microwave (big enough to roast an ox in!), halogen reading lights, super- comfy bed (and another bedroom with two bunk beds), strong wifi, a lovely porch with seats overlooking the creek - I could go on and on! But the message is we were delighted; it was good that we were given the same one on our return.
It is in a beautiful mountain location and a real bonus is the restaurant which is largely Italian and prepared one of the best pizzas I have had for a long time. We made the "mistake" of ordering cheese sticks as a starter - it was the same size as the pizza and equally delicious but, eat this and you will struggle to eat the pizza. However, we enjoyed both again next day! Very nice, helpful and welcoming staff. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple