Ruby Inn(Bridgeport)
Bodie Hotel(Bridgeport)
$110
Agoda.com
$170
West Walker Motel(Walker)(Great Value!)
$75
All reviewspizzatent cabinsbunk bedscovered wagonmono lakeghost townbig portionsnice cabinfun place to stayonsite restaurantate dinner and breakfastfire pittrouthot springscouple of nightsyosemite npsmall refrigerator
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

I just want to say thank you for everyone who made our stay at the Virginia Creek Settlement feel like a home away from home. The place itself is very beautiful in a serene, peaceful, country way. Even though we stayed in just a one room suite, it felt like staying in a little cabin :). Special thanks to Don for all of his help with our car that broke down; that man went above and beyond to help us through such a stressful situation, I only wish there was more we could do to repay him for all the kindness he showed us. And also special thanks to Nate and Silvia for being such delightful and courteous servers at the restaurant. We truly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to anyone traveling in the area!

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Onalee M
Reviewed October 23, 2016

I have read the other reviews and think that had we stayed in one of the cabin then our experience may have been different.
We stayed in the family suite which is situated above reception / restaurant. It was really outdated, smelt of the cooking below and we were awoked at 5.45am from the noise of downstairs getting ready for breakfast. The dust behind our bed was thicker than the carpet! However, the staff were friendly and helpful.
Outside it does look a little run down and could do with a refresh, but I suppose it adds to the charm. Its fine for a stop over and the price is reasonable. We didnt try the food but people seem to rate it.

Room Tip: Get a cabin.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2016

I've stayed here twice before and it always has been a good experience. However, these were in a room with either one or two beds with a bathroom. This time around, the only availability was for a cabin with no anemities other than the provided beds and a heater. Bathroom facility was a short walk. Reminded me of my stay at Camp Curry in Yosemite years back. The bathroom facility was well heated.

The cabin itself was cozy. 3 beds, though we only used two. The beddings provided were more than adequate and comfortable. The minuscule gas heater could not keep up with the outside cold temperature which had dropped to 28-30F. The comforter kept me and my son warm all night long. Every cabin had some benches outside to hang out during the day.

One huge improvement from my preivous stays was fast wifi connection through out the facility. My first visit, there was a snowstorm and no internet. My 2nd visit, the weather was perfect, but again internet was a no show. This time, staying in the cabin, which is much further out from the registration / restaurant, wifi connection was great. Would I stay here again? For sure. The location is best for visiting Bodie, Mono Lake, Lundy Canyon, Conway Summit or Virginia Lakes.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2016

We had sort of randomly looked for a spot close to the Tioga pass to access Yosemite from the east. The tent cabin sounded like a good idea, given that we were going to camp anyway.

With an electric heater, the cabin was warm enough (with a blanket or two) at sub-zero temperatures. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was so good it lured us back a second time at the end of our camping trip.

Highly recommended, would stay again any time.

Room Tip: Tent cabins are a perfect glamping choice.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I have now stayed at Virginia Creek Settlement on 3 different occasions. My husband and I stayed there during trips to Yosemite and while it's a little farther than staying in Lee Vining, what you get for the drive is worth it!

There are many different lodging options at Virginia Creek (motel, cabins, tent camp). Each time we have opted for a cabin and have not been disappointed. The cabins are clean, cute, and have the amenities we desire. The refrigerator and microwave were appreciated. Outside, a nice creek trickles past and there are gas fire rings/pits beside the cabins. Wi-fi is free and works well.

While this motel isn't "fancy" (and isn't meant to be), it's clean, comfortable, and affordable, with super-nice staff in a fun atmosphere. The onsite restaurant has enormous pizzas that you must try!

We will stay here again on our next trip to Yosemite.

Room Tip: Individual cabins are cute, cozy, and clean
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple