“Old but nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bridgeport B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Old but nice”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I checked in Silver Maple Inn around June 22 eve in sleepy Bridgeport. The inn was well-maintained and the grounds were beautiful. I parked right in front of my room. The décor was quaint and I liked having a TV. The bed was clean and comfortable. The shower was so strong I almost drowned, but I liked it. It was a quiet and peaceful town with great little shops next door for camping and souvenirs. There was a friendly bar/eatery across the street that I enjoyed. I tried to get my haircut by the laundry mat, but she said she was booked a couple hours. Not another haircut place for miles. There is a nearby diner for breakfast but I enjoyed a self-service bagel and tea at the Cain House.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kimham11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in the Cozy Cottage which is across the yard of the Bridgeport Inn, behind the Cain House. The cottage has two bedrooms, a nice kitchen and a small sitting area. The cottage is very cozy and perfect for a family - we had my financée, son and Mum along. The grounds are meticulously cared with many areas to sit and read or have a glass of wine and conversation. A lovely breakfast was offered at the Cain House the next morning. Great place to stay if you're visiting Bodie SHP Ghost Town or fishing at the many lakes and streams in the area.

Room Tip: The Cozy Cottage is on ground level, so yard work may wake you up if you're a late sleeper. Ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Erinn99, Owner at Silver Maple Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I will tell my yard maintenance not to mow until after 9:00am! We are so sorry for the disturbance, and sometimes we don't know this type of thing is happening until a guest brings it to our attention. Thank you so much for the review.
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I had a brief stay at this hotel. Yes, it is a 40's era hotel, but the owners have worked hard to try to update it. There was newer carpeting and the bed was good. Also, it was very clean and the grounds are green and filled with flowers. Beautiful! We enjoyed the ample continental breakfast in the Cain House.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Erinn99, Owner at Silver Maple Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the nice review! As everyone can see by the reviews, The Silver Maple is older, but well maintained. We have small bathrooms, but they are clean. We do not want to be just another "cookie-cutter" motel, we like our 30's charm!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Silver Maple is old but clean and comfortable. I did, however, feel that it was over-priced for what it was. The room was small and stuffy (no air-conditioning), lighting was bad, there was only one night-stand/lamp for our king-size bed, and we were not warned that we would be awakened at 7:30 by heavy machinery operating in the alley outside the bathroom window. The "mountain views" we were promised were very far distant and hard to see through the trees and the buildings on the street beyond the motel's front lawn. The bathroom had barely enough room in which to swing a cat but it was spotlessly clean. The Continental breakfast was very good and offered a variety of healthy choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have a bathroom window facing onto the alley where heavy equipment s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WineGoddess6
Winters, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Cute room. A little dated, but very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff, homey feel. A little pricey, but it was Memorial Day weekend. No air conditioning, but it was cold, we used the heater. Happy we stayed here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Erinn99, Owner at Silver Maple Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the review. Just one update, we have put air conditioning in some of the rooms - but as you noted, AC really isn't needed in Bridgeport - heaters are needed!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Silver Maple is good lodging in Bridgeport. The facilities are a bit dated but clean. They are pet friendly and many people take advantage of that fact. When I was there the animals in adjacent rooms were well behaved for the most part. One dog barked at me on my way out of the room. The major problem that I have with the Silver Maple rooms is that the bathrooms are small compared to the size of the rooms and they are awkwardly laid out. I am an averaged height male and my knees were hitting the wall in front if me when using the toilet. The bathroom also has a frosted window with no way to black it out. I would prefer a bit more privacy from the side walk just outside that window. Finally the shower would be large enough but the way they arranged a weird hump on the shower floor makes it hard to stand in the middle of the waters flow. It would have been such an easy fix.

• Stayed May 2013
Erinn99, Owner at Silver Maple Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We know, our bathrooms are small. The Silver Maple was built in the 1930's when people were smaller. To change the lay out of the room would be very expensive and I don't know if we would be permitted due to the historic nature of the motel. And also, I think it is part of the charm of the Silver Maple. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A motel with more garden than parking lot. Set back back from the road.
I liked the fact that the motel does not have air-conditioners so one can breath in the fresh air and hear the sounds of the birds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy T
Erinn99, Owner at Silver Maple Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We love our courtyard area, it is so relaxing. And I love your comment about not having air conditioning. Not one house in Bridgeport, that I know of, has AC. We don't need it, we just open our windows when it gets warm. The hottest it gets here is in the low 90's and on those evenings, the low is in the low 50's. Bridgeport is a nice, small, and safe town that doesn't need the "big city" ammenities - but we just got broadband! And cell phones finally work!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Walker River Lodge
#3 of 5 in Bridgeport
Virginia Creek Settlement
Virginia Creek Settlement
#1 of 8 in Bridgeport

Been to Silver Maple Inn? Share your experiences!