“Great breakfast”

Virginia Creek Settlement Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American, Italian
Description: The Virginia Creek Settlement is nestled in the natural beauty of the eastern slopes of the High Sierra within easy driving distance to Bodie Ghost Town, Mono Lake, Tioga Pass, Yosemite National Park, June Lake and Mammoth Lakes. Stop by on your way to Carson City, Virginia City, Reno, and Lake Tahoe. The resort is centrally located to some of the best fishing in the eastern slopes of the High Sierra.
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Come here hungry! Generous portions, and it's all delicious. Great place to stop going through Bridgeport.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Lee Vining and wanted lunch after visiting Bodie. We started towards Bridgeport and saw this restaurant before getting to town, and had a very good pizza.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We ate and early dinner here on a Saturday night (5-6pm). The place was almost full already. The wait staff was very friendly, as you would expect in a family run place. While they have a variety on the menu, Italian is their specialty, with pizza the most popular item. I had meat lasagna and cheese manicotti. It was good. My son ordered a small (a relative term) pizza. It came with tons of cheese, a good step with any pizza in my book. The crust was nicely cooked in what I would guess to be a brick oven. He could only eat about a third of it... more leftovers for me! My wife had a light version of Italian fare, that was just the right amount.
The only critical thing I have to say is that the service was slow and I had to ask for beverage refills. I attribute this to the place being full and the staff being a little overwhelmed.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I spent the night in a Settlement cabin, so ate breakfast at the restaurant. There are many choices. I was impressed with biscuits and gravy being a free side order choice. There was so much food that we got a box so we could heat it up for lunch. Staff is friendly & service is excellent.

1  Thank svfunkychateau
Reviewed May 30, 2017

this is one of my favorite places to stop by when I'm traveling hwy. 395...specially their breakfast!! I can definitely recommend the pancakes...they're ginormous and a half stack usually does the trick for me....I tried the full stack one time and couldn't put it all away...friendly folks there too!!