“Old fashioned motel experience”
Review of Bridgeport Inn

Bridgeport Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Bridgeport B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was traveling with my dog, Louie and happened upon this gem. It's totally old fashioned Bates motel...weet, weet, weet!!
We had a great stay...it's not the Ritz, but it has every amenity and a bunch of nice places to eat nearby (and that includes the one at the hotel!).
If you walk out the back gate and down a block, you'll find yourself in the middle of one of the nicest views of the Sierras you'll find anywhere.
Louis and I were off on a llama packing camp trip and made the Bridgeport Inn our hq coming and going.
The staff are delightful...couldn't help wondering why there are so many good looking women in this little town of 500? The guys are certainly goofy looking enough to mess that up.
Great stay...thanks!!
btw...we spent a night in 37...no spiders.

Room Tip: If you're traveling without a 4 legged friend...I'd try for one of the main building 'Vi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Robert P, Owner at Bridgeport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thanks to guests who take the time to provide compliments. We do have a charming town, great recreation everywhere nearby. And, wonderful gold rush era historical sites. Now that the recession is over we will have the opportunity to continue our room upgrades. But we won't lose the "old fashioned" experience. Bob Peters, Owner.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I killed one spider in the bathroom. Then woke up with a 2 inch bite mark from another one. This is the kind of place where you can hear the people talking in the next room, and I was very self conscious about how much noise we made, or how loud the TV was. But we could relax and talk as loud as we wanted when the room on the other side took a shower....that noise covered up everything and I had to turn up the TV to hear anything.

another thing that always bugs me....the toilets have not been replaced since the 40's probably, so you sit real low, and the water is high enough so that unless you are careful, the toilet paper drags through the water during clean up operations. Yes, it's gross !!! that's why nobody ever mentions it. At $100 a night, they could at least change out the toilets once every 50 years.

The people are nice, food is good, especially the blueberry muffins and they have a nice bar. They seem to assign rooms sequentially, so ask for the very last room, where there is only one next door neighbor instead of 2. I'm sure it has 2 beds and the price is higher but spend the money

Room Tip: take the one room at the end with only one shared wall instead of 2.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan M
Robert P, Owner at Bridgeport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Yes, we agree that we are old. We are historic as our main building was constructed in 1877. Many people find that charming. Some don't. Regarding spiders. I personally spoke with this guest and saw his spider bite. We are located in the middle of grazing lands, rivers, creeks, and near a lake. We live with all kinds of animals and bugs. We have a service, Pestmaster, who regularly sprays in and around our property. We can't control who opens doors and windows and might bring bugs in from campgrounds, fishing trips and hikes in the beautiful surrounding mountains. But, we clean every occupied room every day. Most guests think our rooms are clean and our service is great. We're not perfect, but we're a lot better than this guests review.
Bob Peters, owner.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I cannot rate the hotel itself yet - but the flexibility and customer service shown when my travel plans changed were great and very accommodating.

(200 character minimum - really?!? Tripadvisor, please change this policy)

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the main building. If you see reviews that aren't as good, they probably did not stay in this main building. It is in excellent shape, wonderful antiques. we loved the room and the ornate antique bed. Something kept waking me up off and on all night though. When we went downstairs the next day, I was told that the bed in that room was haunted by the presence of a 'madame', or 'lady of the night', and that she has a tendency to disturb women who sleep in her bed. Makes sense. My husband slept just fine.

Food was fantabulous! Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is an OK, older, "park-in-front of your door" motel. The building pictured houses a restaurant, bar, and apparently some rooms upstairs. This is also where you check-in. Most of the rooms are in the motel that is to the side and behind the "Inn". My room was simple, and seemed clean. The beds were comfortable with firm mattress (no sag in the middle issues). The bathroom was generally clean with some dust in a corner or two. The tile work in the bathroom was vintage & quite attractive. Shower & toilet worked perfectly. Plenty of hot water.

The Inn states that its rooms have internet. I could not get a connection on any of three devices from my room so I ended up going to the bar where I was able to connect easily.

The restaurant at the Bridgeport Inn is very good. Well prepared food and very friendly service. In fact, I would say it's the high point of the establishment. It was great after a long day to be able to walk to dinner. We brought our own wine which was fine and were not charged a corkage fee.

I wouldn't say the Bridgeport Inn is a great value. I guess you're paying for the location not too far from Mono Lake and the east entrance to Yosemite. At least that's the reason I stayed here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Illahee3103
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I like this kind of old stuff. Room was clean. Furniture had the old antique look. Had the windows open and a great breeze during the day. On the main road so a littlew traffic noise but acceptable. Bed was not the most comfortable but ok. Bathroom was clean and modern. As most older hotel wall are thin so noise could be a problem but we didn't hear any in the night.
Gave me the feel of a cowboy staying over night had a bar down stairs but we didn't go to it but it was old and neat.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel might offer a little silence as our room in the front we heard 395 traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We came here for the ECV weekend in Bridgeport Sept 2012. This has to be the 2nd worst hotel I have ever stayed inn. I have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms. By far exspensive, costing 120.00 per night. We had a queen bed and single bed, hard as a rock, and bouncy. The funiture was from the like the 80's and all beat-up. No coffee maker or frig. My husband had to go searching up and down the road in Bridgeport to find someplace to get coffee, nothing open until 7:00 am. The price of dinner there was very exspensive, even though we got a voucher for $4.00 off. We went across the street and ate at that resturant , which was very good, and alot less exspensive. The only good thing i can say is the sheets on the bed were clean. So do yourself a favor , and stay at one of the other cheaper hotels!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Walker River Lodge
#3 of 5 in Bridgeport
Virginia Creek Settlement
Virginia Creek Settlement
#1 of 8 in Bridgeport

Been to Bridgeport Inn? Share your experiences!