“Fun but noisy.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fun but noisy.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you don't mind a lot of noise when you are eating then Cap's is a great place. Old hotel atmosphere which is pretty quaint but cozy. Food was good, nothing out of this world but pleasant......would not rave about it though. Price was steep but you are paying for the name and location.....right downtown on Oak St. Overall...nice but I'm glad we have some other choices, I'd still go back with a group. This is NOT a place I would take my wife for a "nice meal out together".

Visited November 2013

Antioch, CA
“Could be Great”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Cap's is a real, restaurant. Nice ambiance. Patrons dress nicely. The waiters are professionals. My husband asked about the aioli, so the waiter brought him a small sample. It was a bit noisy, but full of hustle and bustle. We had the crab cakes as an appetizer. They were large, crispy on the outside, creamy but not raw on the inside. Worth the $14. My husband had a steak, and I had the eggplant parmagiana. Both were excellent.
However, the bread was fresh, but it was served at room temperature. Warm would have been better. The salad was uninspired: lettuce, a lone cherry tomato, one slice of canned beet, 4 kidney beans, 2 garbanzo beans, a smattering of raw onion, and a few croutons. The dressings were bland. I am also not impressed with barely sauteed carrots and zucchini . You have to actually caramelize the carrot, or it tastes like, well, a raw carrot. To the management: people notice these things.
Still, I would bring guests here. This is a family owned and operated establishment, and a nice change from the chain restaurants that abound.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“A GO TO LOCAL PLACE”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a studied old fashioned look creating a warm atmosphere.The food is all very well prepared and the service excellent. I recommend the seafood special Many locals, a really comfortable place for dinner with friends.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jeremy t
Perth, Australia
“An unexpected find.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I loved this restaurant as it reminded me of an old fashion restaurant in the 30's era, with the original features,and the waiters wore Waistcoats and long white Aprons as their uniform. The food was delicious and the staff very friendly without being over bearing. The steps inside the restaurant were carpeted but the steps a little too steep,so not good for diner's who have difficulty in climbing upstairs, although there was a small chair-lift to use.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank anothersuitecas
Sacramento, California
“Absolutely a delight!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son and his wife suggested this place to eat when we visited them in Discovery Bay. Quick drive over to Brentwood, easy parking but then we went early (5:00pm). Upon entering, I was taken by what a cool combination the place was of old time/contemporary ambiance. Sparkling glassware and white tablecloths with a friendly looking bar and ability to see the kitchen staff working.

The food, itself, was seemlessly delicious and well prepared. My husband had med rare prime rib which he loved and I had the fresh halibut. Beautiful, beautiful! My daughter in law had cheese raviolis which she shared and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The clam chowder had a lovely zip to it, the minestrone was good and the creme brulee knocked my socks off. Always like to share a good dining experience!

• Visited August 2013