“High Quality with amazing premium rolls - highly recommend”

Octopus Japanese Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 198 Restaurants in Brea
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
La Habra, California
“High Quality with amazing premium rolls - highly recommend”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and what I love about it is the high quality asian-fusion style rolls. Laker Roll and Baby Baked Lobster roll are amazing - we also ordered the scallop and shrimp dish to share with everyone which was also amazing.

Dont skip if you are in downtown Brea or make a special spot - I like this similar to "Fish in a Bottle" in Placentia.

The atmosphere is great - up to date and fun with TVs available if interested.

• Visited January 2013

Fullerton, California
“Great food for very happy happy hour”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place has very good japanese food for a reasonable price. We've been there three times and each time the food was delicious, even though we ordered different menu items each time. For a fantastic deal, go there during happy hour from 3 until 5 (or after 9). They have a lot of sushi rolls, appetizers, etc. for half-price during happy hour.

• Visited December 2012
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I ordered the teriyaki chicken w/ sesame chicken platter. I say platter because it's enough food to feed 2-3 people. It comes with miso soup, salad, tempura and rice. Very delicious, great service, beautiful ambiance, right in my neighborhood for a very affordable price! I will definitely patronage this restaurant.

Westminster, California
“What they do well, they do very well indeed--best Sushi rolls”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Have been visiting Octopus with my dh for several years now, mainly for sushi and sashimi. We sit only at the sushi bar. We are big sushi enthusiasts and have tried probably 25 sushi restaurants all told in the So. Cal. area. This one is my favorite and his second favorite.

What Octopus restaurant does better than any other in my humble opinion, is the following: sashimi salad (generous portions of fish, excellent quality greens, nice handmade dressing); Sensual Pleasure sushi roll (dh's fave thing to order); and a fabulous deep fried banana dessert that you simply must try. The remaining sushi and sashimi selections are above average, and the chefs are pleasant and professional. Admittedly I have not sampled their cooked selections, so I cannot commment on them.

The prices at Octopus are reasonable and competitive, and the restaurant is modern casual decor. We usually go for lunch before a matinee at the theater next door--tends not to be busy then.

2 Thank girlbug2
glendora, ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even bother”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation. You are better off buying the prepackaged sushi from the grocery store next door . We tried a few simple dishes to test the waters and we were very disappointed. It all tasted the same . That "taste" was bland. After all was said and done my wife and I didn't think we ate sushi. We ate a whole bunch of rice. Although, the best thing was the bottled beer. We figured you couldn't screw that up.

1 Thank caboriqua